Why Honesty Is Important

Why Honesty Is Important

We don't need to watch what we say, but how we say it.

846
Why Honesty Is Important

I have never been someone who wants to protect someone else’s feelings.

You often hear people say, “You need to watch what you say,” but in reality we don’t need to watch what we say.

We need to watch how we say it.

I am someone who people come to for advice a lot. I enjoy giving advice and people have often said they admire my honesty.

I am confrontational. If I don’t like the way you are treating me, I will tell you. After all, I was taught that honesty is the best policy.

If you ask me for advice regarding the boy you like, I will tell you what I honestly think you should do.

Many people come to me for friendship advice, and trust me, I will be brutally honest with you when it comes to giving advice on that subject. There is no point in spending time with fake friends because there is so much time in life to get out and make new, real friends.

There is no point in not being honest, when that is what everyone craves. You just need to watch how you phrase things so people don’t get hurt. Sometimes, there is no nice way to put something and you just need to say it as it is. Other times, you can twist your words around in order to make your message get across in a nicer way.

I think it is so important to be honest with people, especially your friends. I personally know that when I ask my friends for advice or an opinion, I can tell when they aren’t being honest. When I can sense someone not being honest with me I see them as a fake person and I am less attracted to them, meaning I will want to be around them less.

I see honesty as one of the best qualities someone can have. Even if the person is brutally honest sometimes, it’s better than lying to protect someone’s feelings.

Maybe it’s just me, but I don’t want to be around fake people or be in fake friendships. I want real, genuine friendships and relationships. I want real, harsh advice so I can work on myself and better myself each day.

Tell me if you don’t want to be friends with me, because it will not hurt me. It will just help me realize who is actually there for me and worth spending time with.

It is all about the way you say something. For example, if your friend asks if you like her outfit, you can say, “I think this top goes better with those jeans.”

If your friend asks you if you think her boyfriend is a jerk you can say, “I just don’t think he is the best person for you. He can be a little judgemental sometimes.”

Remember, there is no point in lying especially, if you’re talking to a close friend.

Honesty will always go a long way, especially if you phrase it the right way.