Why 'Harry Potter' Should Be On Netflix

Why 'Harry Potter' Should Be On Netflix

An Alternate Choice to Sadness
71

For those of you who do not yet know, "Harry Potter" will no longer be seen on the Freeform channel (that thing that took over ABC Family).

Freeform teased our generation to get us into their channel by keeping on some of our favorites, like "Harry Potter" weekends. But starting January 1st, those delightful weekends will no longer be.

Instead "Harry Potter" was taken over by the HBO channel. Which is OK, but I doubt they will play the whole series at every holiday season or every fall when kids go back to school. (Nothing like wishing to be at Platform 9 3/4)

This is ruining the series for future generations, they will never get to appreciate the relevance of the story. Or feel the empowerment from a Hermione weekend.

However, there is a simple way to fix that. To put all eight movies on NETFLIX. Netflix has been doing well over the past few years, adding more and more recent movies as they leave theaters. But it's not fair that some other countries have this amazing series on their accounts and not the American one.

It's not that I can't watch these movies whenever I want, I have the DVDs. There's just something better about watching the extended versions. Plus the commercials always hyped me up to watch it again.

I get that all things must come to an end, but why this? Why now? Our country needs more "Harry Potter".

I will rejoice the day that Netflix finally gets their act together and listens to their people.