Why 'Fantastic Beasts' Is A Must-See

Why 'Fantastic Beasts' Is A Must-See

A couple of reasons why the new Harry Potter movie is just amazing.
4

On a cold Thursday night, walking back from the movie theater (because yes, one of the buses we were supposed to catch just didn't show up), I felt like when I was seven years old.

The reason? The new Harry Potter movie.

Hands down one of the best night this quarter, with the girls from my floor we were so ready for the movie.

And it didn't let me down: no matter the anxiety and uncertainty it was just extraordinary.

My main fear was that David Yates was directing it (and we all know some "What have you just done" moments in the last couple of HP movies that just were not in the book) and also that it may not be as good as Harry Potter himself.

I mean, we have never actually heard that much about Newt Scamander.

However, it left me breathless.

So, a couple of reasons why you should run to the movie theater if you haven't done so already:

1. Eddie Redmayne is just extraordinary.

I literally stared at the screen in awe. My personal opinion? He would make an excellent Doctor in "Doctor Who" (fandoms colliding).

2. The setting is just great.

New York City in the '20s.

3. The storyline about Jacob, a simple "Muggle" that ends up in the world of magic.

4. All the super cute fantastic beasts and the special effects used that are just marveling.

5. The HUGE plot twist at the end.

Which I'm not telling you, of course.

Mischief managed.