Why I Started This Blog

Why I Started This Blog

Spoiler: I don't think I really know

90
Why I Started This Blog

I love writing. I always have. For as long as I can remember, I had journal after journal of thoughts on life, future aspirations, my family and friends, and the drama I was enduring. You know, in middle school.

But now, I'm 20.

And I still love writing. However, it's not exactly what I'm going to school for. I'll be graduating in December from Louisiana State University with my undergraduate degree in Sociology, a concentration in Criminology and minor in Sports Studies. I've been working for LSU's Athletic Communications office for almost a year. And I've especially loved the SID work I've had the opportunity to do. It was an incredible blessing to be so close, with such a unique view at the National Championship football season. Unfortunately, though, my athletics writing opportunities were cut short this season by COVID-19. That's not to say that I haven't learned significant things or improved my writing greatly through my Sociology program, either. But, I wasn't exactly foaming at the mouth over 1,000 word papers about how the movie 'Traffic' shows the realities of drug use/abuse perception and consequences in America.

This is evidence.

I would like to get my graduate degree, and even a PhD. In what? Your guess is as good as mine. Social work? Theology? Criminology? Sports Psychology? I'll let you know when I've figured it out. There's a strong possibility, however, that one day, I'll stop going to school and I'll get a job. When that happens, hopefully it's somewhere I can write. They'll ask me if I can, and I'll say "yes." Then, they'll ask for examples of my work, and the goal is to be able to show them this.

So now what?

I'll probably be here one to two, maybe three times a week to chat about whatever's popping off my brain that day. My biggest interests include my faith (Christianity), sports (Geaux Tigers), and movies (amongst many other miscellaneous topics that are sure to overflow onto this page.) Maybe someone will read about them. You can also follow me on twitter and instagram @/ashmaerk, if you feel so inclined.

But if nothing else, I hope you know that you're so loved by the God of the universe that He sent His son to live and die for you. Jesus is walking with you through whatever you are. Lean on Him.