Facebook Is Like A Bad Relationship You Need To End

This a bad relationship, and we know it.

24
Flickr

I'm a pretty chill person. For a female at least. I don't mind people doing their own thing. I don't mind someone telling me their grandmother's health issues, their lack or abundance of sex life, or their favorite flavor of ice cream when they were a kid. I could give two shits. Everyone needs someone to listen every once in a while.

I do, however, have an issue with all the hate and fear mongering swirling around the world when we are at a point in history when all sides should do their best to unite and overcome the atrocities affecting even the most uncommon of people. I can't go on the Internet anymore without someone trying to convince me that they are right and I am wrong for believing my own religion. And my own ideas allow for much, much, much interpretation and flow between individuals. I will not "LIKE FOR JESUS. IGNORE FOR SATAN." That is not for me, and I'd greatly appreciate not being told I'm going to Hell for being different. This is not my senior year of high school, thank you very much. I especially cannot have political opinions (even though I think all bureaucrats are morons that need a dose of true reality) on the Internet.

Given the recent inauguration, we have a new president. A man, who I do not like, but am stuck with, so I will make the best of it by not whining, but by trying to make things better. Online, though, all I see are polls whether or not he's going to start World War III, or is in cohorts with Russia in some grand plot for possible world domination. If that is the case, I have my "Red Dawn" plan and am waiting. However, until then, I am resigned to just being a work-class, Irish-American college student trying to make my own life better. Over the past year, I have watched people become so unraveled by the United States outdated democratic process that I saw friendships dissolve and families fight to the point of not speaking for weeks.

I have also witnessed the sheer amount of feminism shoved down my throat that I want to vomit it back up and yell at some people to shut the fuck up. Don't get me wrong, I'm a big supporter of equal rights for all. That means, I would adore the statistic average to earn the additional twenty-three cents to the dollar of my male counterpart, but that also means that I think men should also get the same maternity leave that women gain from childrearing. I know for a fact that raising children is not a one parent job, and while it can be done so, we should stop treating it like that's all that happens. It's not the 1950s anymore. Mom doesn't always stay at home with the babies while dad goes out the "bring home the bacon." In fact, most American households have both parents working in order to provide for a child in the rising interest and inflation of modern banking and living.

So, in the process of all of this, I got pissed off and deleted my Facebook... Again...

Facebook and I have a love-hate relationship. It's not healthy for me, but I still come back to it when I'm bored. No shit, especially with my phone's new update showing what application they recommend based on my location. The little icon always seems to be in the corner of my phone's lock screen. It's a bad friends-with-benefits-style relationship. FWB in the sense that I always come back to it when I'm bored or lonely, but am constantly unsatisfied when I'm done.

Fuck.