Why Having Your Cousins As Your BFFs Is The Best

Growing up, I've always considered two of my cousins to be my best friends. We had sleepovers, talked about boys, ranted about drama in our life and made dumb decisions that turned into great memories. I never had a whole girl group of friends. I considered my two cousins and my sister to be my girl group. To be honest, having my cousins as my closest friends is probably the best decision I've ever made. They were there when I was in diapers and they'll be there when I get old. There are SO many reasons why having your cousins as your best friends is the best, but here are the top five.

They're always honest with you.

Talking to a boy you know you shouldn't be talking to? They'll roast you about it. Want to cut your hair during a mental breakdown? They'll talk you out of it because they know that you're making a decision that you'll regret later on.

They aren't fake friends.

They don't talk about you behind your back. If they roast you when you're not there, they'll tell you to your face.

You know they'll always be there.

Not only because you're related, but because they CHOOSE to. Friends come and go, but family is forever.

They were there through it ALL.

From the awkward, cringey phases, to the boy drama, they have seen you at your worst and best and they never judge.

They make family parties better.

You have someone to talk to at family parties that won't leave your side when the family gets too rowdy.

I've had so many friends come and go, but never have my cousins left my side. They know all the drama and gossip and we have memories from our childhood that will last a lifetime. Being close to my cousins is truly a blessing because not many people have that. I don't know where I'd be without my cousins. They have truly been there through it all and I can't thank them enough.