Why Billie Eilish Is One Of The Best Musicians Out Right Now

She may be "out there" but that's what makes her music is perfectly one of a kind.

9
Photo from iHeartRadio

I recently got into Billie's music, and I was able to see her perform in Atlanta at Music Midtown last September. When I found out that she was only a teenager at the time, I couldn't believe it. At her age, I was still struggling with acne and finishing last at track races. I can't imagine being her age and being so famous. I was also incredibly shy at her age, so performing on a stage in front of a live audience would be a no-go. I was just lucky to be brave enough to perform Bruno Mars' Grenade on the piano at my high school's talent show. That was my 5 minute of fame.

Billie Eilish, on the other hand, has over 28 million followers on Instagram, as well as millions of people all over the world listening to her music. You know how many followers I had at that age? Like 100. Anyways, she is famous, and in my opinion, she deserves it because she is a musical genius. She doesn't just play the type of music that everyone else is playing. In fact, all her songs sound different.

Also, her music videos are creative. She doesn't try to be overly beautiful or show off idealized beauty. In fact, she said once that she doesn't like smiling because it makes her feel powerless. And she wears baggy clothes because people can't judge her body if they don't know what it looks like. This view on beauty shows us that women don't have to wear short skirts or tight shirts in order to be beautiful, and in fact, we should be appreciated because of our talents (such as musical talents) not our outward beauty. I like how Billie isn't afraid to be different. She wears weird and interesting clothing because she wants to be different. Her music is the same as her style: eccentric but cool.

Her music videos can be a little weird. In the music video for the song "when the party's over," she drinks a glass of strange liquid and then the blood looking liquid runs out of her eyes. It can be disturbing for sure, but how creative is that?

The relationship Eilish has with her brother is adorable. Her brother, Finneas, helps her write her music. He helped her with the songs "Ocean Eyes" and "Six Feet Under" and more. This sibling relationship is super cute, and dang I wish my sister and I could write music like them and become famous.

Yes, Billie is a little "out there" and to some, she may be weird. She and her brother were homeschooled, and her middle name is Pirate. Her full name is Billie Eilish Pirate Baird O'Connell (what a name!) She also has Tourette syndrome. But as humans, we all have our quirks, don't we? Also, her music talents and wild fashion choices makes her interesting and intriguing. She's inspiring to any 17 year old who wants to pursue music.

Even though she may be a big time star now, it is obvious that she tries to relate to her fans and show that she is just a down to earth 17 year old kid. She is a Belieber, as she has loved Justin Bieber since she was younger. Also, she says that The Office, an iconic comedy show, is one of her favorite shows of all time. The famous musician may be more like us than we think. With her creative and unique ways, there's no wonder why she's famous.