Why "Big Sister" Is My Favorite Title

Why "Big Sister" Is My Favorite Title

There Is No Greater Friend Than A Sister, And There Is No Greater Sister Than You

118
Why "Big Sister" Is My Favorite Title
Mary Thomas

In this life I have many titles: I am a student, a daughter, a friend, etc. When I sat down and thought of all the things that I was, it was without a doubt that being a Big Sister by far had the greatest impact on me. I do not remember a time in my life where there weren't siblings I had to get me through each day. Over the course of my life, I have discovered just how important it is to not only have siblings but to have two baby sisters who keep life interesting. Thank you both for being you and for making me realize that I am nothing without the title of Big Sister.

I do not remember the day mom and day brought you home, but I have seen videos. Let me apologize first off for not being the most excited when they brought you home. I mean, you were taking all of the attention and you know I love me a good spotlight. Before I knew it, I had two life size baby dolls that I got to play with. I would stuff you in my stroller when mom wasn't looking and rename you to my favorite baby name at the time. You were too young to talk, but I remember loving you so much and not ever wanting anything bad to happen to you. You were not just my personal little baby, you were my sister and I adored you.

As we got older and grew you transitioned from my doll that I could play with, to a little toddler full of sass who wanted to take all of my things. Before I knew it, we were on the brink of teenage years and I was too cool to hang out with my little sisters. Fights used to break out over the most random of things, and I could not stand to be around you half of the time. Thankfully this stage did not last long because I am sure that I would not be who I am without you both. Before I knew it we were all at the same school and moving through it rather quickly. I graduated and the day I had to move from home was probably the hardest because I had to say goodbye to both of you. When you ran out of the house with tears in your eyes, I never thought I would be able to get in that car. Living away from you taught me just how lucky I am to have both of you.

Life has not slowed down even for a second since I left High School. I know I moved back home (you're welcome, I know you missed me) but I felt it necessary to thank you both for the impact you have had on my life. Being a big sister has taught me to be the best person I could possibly be because I have both of you right behind me. Being a big sister has taught me that no obstacle is too big when I have the both of you to pick me up. Being a big sister has taught me that I will always have people who steal my things and will yell at me when I steal theirs. Being a big sister has taught me to hold on tightly to the ones I love most.Being a big sister has taught me that one second I can want to strangle someone only to be laughing hysterically with them the next. Being a big sister has taught me what it is like to be brought to tears with pride for their accomplishment. Most importantly ; however, being your big sister has taught me that I was not only blessed with the greatest little sisters on the planet but two best friends who are never going to leave my side.

So baby sisters, here is a little reminder of just how thankful I am for you. Through the ups, the downs, the arguments, and the accomplishments you both make me so blessed to have the title of big sister. Always know that no matter the obstacles we face, the adversity in our lives, and even the failures that I am always in your court. I love you more than I could ever begin to articulate, and above all else I hope I have made you proud to call me your big sister. It may not have been my choice to get two little sisters, but know I thank God twice that he gave me you.

This one is for my baby sisters Paige and Sarah. I love you, big Big.

From Your Site Articles