Why I Believe That Everything Happens For a Reason

Sometimes it takes a wrong turn to get you to the right place.

73

Life can be really rough at times, and sometimes we may think to ourselves, “Why did this happen to me?” Well, when we look at the bigger picture we might see that maybe this obstacle was put into your life for a reason. Whether it is the loss of a loved one, getting a bad grade, or going through a rough break up. No matter what it is that is making you question "Why" just remember that it happened to you for a reason.

Whenever life takes and unexpected turn I always remember the quote, “When one door closes, another opens.” A lot of the time when things happen we tend to not think of the good that can come out of a situation. You also have to realize that if a door closed, it’s because what was behind it wasn’t meant for you, no matter how much you may have wanted it. There is a bigger plan that God has for us that we don’t know about. That is why when on door closes on us we don’t know what this “plan” has better to offer for us.

Sometimes it is really had to keep a positive mindset because often people question why bad things happen to good people. But at the end of the day as a human being, you cannot control everything. Sometimes we need to just sit back, let go, and trust in this plan that God has made for us. Even though it is very scary to think about because not knowing your next step can be scary, but sometimes it is what you have to do. God always gives the best to those that leave the choice with him.

Even thinking back to times in middle school and high school when bad things happened I always wondered why me, but in the moment I tried to not dwell on it. Now that I am in college, looking back I realize why everything happened the way it did. I see now that it all happened for a reason. Life can be horrible sometimes, but that is life. At the end of the day, you have to keep your head up and remember that God gives his toughest battles to his strongest soldiers.