Why Being Single On Valentine's Day Actually Rocks

Roses are red, violets are blue, I'm just fine on Valentine's Day without some dude

6
Girls Ask Guys

The Christmas cookies have all officially been burned off at the gym as a result of a very dedicated New Year's resolution setter, as more and more stores are hoarding hearts, candies, and valentines in honor of the holiday of love that is soon to come. Living in a Chicago suburb, the air hurts my face; however I am grateful to announce that the dreaded month of January has finally concluded itself. There's something about January that makes it unbearable compared to all the other months, and I'm not sure why that is. Possibly because of post-holiday depression or maybe incredibly heavy Seasonal Affective Disorder. Regardless, we can finally say that we have made it through alive!

Now, February may be just as tough, if not tougher for those who happen to be single. Valentine's Day is a silly "holiday" that most people either love or hate. (Ironic since it is the holiday of love and lust!) If you do in fact fit the single persuasion and are feeling down around the holiday, I am here to give you 14 reasons why it's actually an incredible thing to be single, ESPECIALLY on the 14th, AKA Valentine's Day.

1. You don't have to deal with making dinner reservations, and the price tag that comes along with it.

2. Nobody of importance will be seeing you without your clothes on, so you can veg on the couch in your PJ's all night eating whatever the f*** you want, while watching Ryan Gosling/Channing Tatum movies.

3. You can show yourself some self-love at the spa or salon and treat yourself for a change!

4. At the end of the day (or the entire day..) you will have a nice and comfy cozy bed with your name on it, ALL to yourself since you won't need to share.

5. There's no risk of being dumped on Valentine's Day like in all the movies.

6. It turns out not getting jewelry from your loved one is better than receiving jewelry that you secretly don't like but have to keep anyway.

7. On February 15th, most wine and Valentine's candy in stores are 50 percent off, so you can buy and eat as much as you want because no one cares if you pack on the temporary pounds.

8. You won't be disappointed if your big grand Valentine's date with your Tinder match isn't all that big and grand.

9. Galentine's Day is more fun anyway; spending time with the girls, binge eating heart candies, drinking wine, and poking fun at cheesy romance movies all night long.

10. You don't have to feel bad that your homemade Pinterest gift for your significant other is much cheaper than what they purchased for you.

11. You can flirt with whoever the heck you want wherever you want. Strangers are feeling extra lovey dovey and are more open to flirting.

12. There's no need to run out last minute to pick up a hot Valentine's outfit.

13. You don't have to worry about the awkward moment when you give your partner a gift and realize they forgot to get you something.

14. It shows that you don't need another person to make a holiday (or regular day for that matter) special.