Why Aquaria Should Win RPDR S10

8 Reasons Aquaria Should Win 'RuPaul’s Drag Race' Season 10

"Sorry to keep you waiting!"

144

If you are a fan of RuPaul's Drag Race, like myself, you know that the finale is coming up in a few weeks, and mother Ru herself will crown the tenth winner in the regular franchise, not including the winners of the all-stars seasons who get inducted into the hall of fame.

Season 10 has come down to its final four queens, and in my humble opinion, the crown has one obvious owner already. And it should belong to Aquaria, the high fashion, club queen, and fellow Italian, from Brooklyn.

Not convinced? Here are some reasons why the crown should go to her.

1. She has the best statistics out of the top 4.

The biggest complaint from fans about the past two winners? That they didn't have the best statistics out of the finalists. Aquaria not only has the most challenge wins out of the top 4, she's won three and she's also the only one who hasn't lip-synced for her life. That puts her clearly ahead of the pack.

2. She's won the two most, arguably, important challenges of the season.

We all know Drag Race will have a few staple challenges each season, just with a different variation. However, the two challenges fans, and seemingly Ru, put the most weight on are, The Snatch Game, which asks the queens to impersonate celebrities and improv, and the Ball challenge, which asks the queens to serve three lurks in a specific category.

Since Aquaria is a fashion queen, it was likely that she would do well at the ball challenge, but she exceeded everyone else on the runway, offering up looks that were exciting and out-of-the-box, and you can see those three lurks, among others, below.

However, Aquaria is a bit awkward, and admittedly has trouble putting a sentence together, and many thought she would fail at Snatch Game. But, she surprised everybody with her spot-on impression of Melania Trump. Aquaria had our First Lady's mannerisms down to a T, and was completely hysterical. From having her nameplate initially say "Michelle Obama," to calling Ru "Barack," and giving Ru a box from "Trinity's" that contained a note saying "Help Me," no one stood a chance against her. And she taught us a new life motto, say it with me kids, "Any hole is a goal."

3. She's killed the runway more than anyone else.

Aquaria is a fashion queen that lives up to her name. Every single week she's slayed the runway and taken risks, from coming out as a wounded bird for the feather runway, to coming out as an oil slicked mermaid with webbed hands and wet hair for the mermaid challenge, which no one else considered doing. Ru compared her to several strong runway queens, like Violet Chachki and Raja, in the last episode. She even predicted the Met Gala's Catholicism theme with her glitter runway. Genius.

4. She posts all her references for her looks on her Instagram stories after the episode airs.

If you are wondering what this has to do with anything, it shows how educated and creative Aquaria is. And it's a fun way for fans to get a look inside her thought process.

5. She breaks the stereotype of most Instagram queens.

The common consensus among RPDR fans about fashion and glamour queens, particularly the one who are big on Instagram, is that they can turn looks, but can't perform. Aquaria was huge on Instagram even before season 10, so when the cast was announced, many fans thought she would fit that stereotype. While she hasn't lipsynced for her life, you can click on these aggregated links to see her amazing abilities as a dancer and performer. And her splits have gotten Joel McHale's attention.

6. She's basically a Drag Race "Redditor."

RPDR isn't like Survivor and Big Brother, where people can just be recruited by production without seeing one episode. The majority of the queens this season have been watching for a long time, and has referenced this on the show. However, Aquaria takes it to a whole other level. She's quoted Shangela's iconic Sugar Daddy speech and Aja's "Linda Evangelista" rant in episodes, fangirled over Ru's looks, and tweets out memes Reddit has decided are in. Aquaria clearly loves the show and is living for the fact that she gets to be a part of it.

7. She's a total sweetheart online.

In recent seasons, the fans have gotten a lot crazy and over-protective of their favorite queens, and will often tweet negative comments to anyone who goes against them, from something as big as a fight to a small as beating them in the lip-sync for your life. Now, it is more important for queens to discourage this type of behavior from happening, and Aquaria has done that in spades. When she and fellow queen, The Vixen, got into a fight in episode 3 that ended up in a discussion about race, Aquaria went to Instagram saying that she and The Vixen were on good terms now, and discouraged fans from harassing Vixen online. She's also posted supportive tweets towards the eliminated queen after each episode airs and has just been genuinely sweet and funny.

8. She doesn't define drag, drag is defined by her.

Duh.