Why I Am My Own Worst Enemy

Why I Am My Own Worst Enemy

A critic, over thinker and emotional wreck

31
Why I Am My Own Worst Enemy

I think most people consider themselves to be their own worst enemy but maybe for different reasons. So why am I my own worst enemy?

I am an over thinker. Every little situation, every action, or small thought could change my life I think about it for more than long enough. I lose sleep over the little things even when everyone tells me that I should look at the bigger picture. Whenever I drive, I am thinking about whatever actions I have done that day, the previous day or maybe even a month ago, and I still think about it. Being an over thinker makes almost any normal daily task a bit more difficult.

I am my own worst critic. Whether it is the way I dress, because everyone knows I am not the most fashionable, but I would give anything to feel comfortable in clothes than to be more stylish.

How I interact with others is probably my biggest issue. Everyone says they do not care what others think of them, but to be honest, you can not live a life without caring a little. Maybe I care a bit too much because I want to be liked by people. I over think how often I talk, what I talk about, and everything in between. The idea that sometimes whatever I say is something that I wish I could take back because I am blunt about basically everything.

I want to please people more than I think of making myself happy. I always am looking for that satisfaction from others that I have done whatever they have asked for in the desired fashion that they needed. I guess this comes from the idea of wanting people to like me. If I can satisfy them, then maybe they will like me a little more.

The worst thing that I do more than anything is the idea of criticizing everything about the way I look. I realize that everyone usually does this, and maybe others are harsher. I look at myself and just think if I could lose a little weight I would look better in different shirts, jeans, basically everything. If my hair could be lighter, darker, or even a completely different color. Or, what if my teeth were straight and whiter and I was confident with my smile.

Besides the fact that I am an over thinker, people pleaser, my own worst critic and am not completely comfortable with how I look, I never talk about any of these things. I keep all my feelings to myself and just rack them through my brain and deal with them all on my own. I think the idea of keeping all your emotions and feelings in is what kills you the most. It makes everything else above even bigger problems than what you might normally think of things.

To all those who are their own worst critic, know that there are others out there doing the exact same thing. Maybe, you need to just reach out to someone and talk to them about their feelings.