Why I Am Jealous Of My Sisters

Why I Am Jealous Of My Sisters

They are successful and I might not be

911
Why I Am Jealous Of My Sisters
Google Images

I have two older sisters; one is 22, the other 23. This week, my middle sister graduated college and is getting ready for a career in fashion through Nordstrom. My oldest sister graduated college in December and has a successful job in Chicago with a matching apartment. I, being the youngest, am about to finish my freshman year of college and am already facing anxiety about what to do with my life. Both of my sisters figured it out and are successful in what they do, and for that, I am extremely jealous.

My middle sister is three years older than me and my polar opposite. She is materialistic but not shallow because of her job, and she is my best confidant. She knows what she wants and stops at nothing to get it. When we were younger, the two of us would fight frequently, but now that we are older she is one of my best friends. She is about to enter the fashion industry, which is a perfect fit as she has been critiquing my clothes for the past 19 years. She speaks her mind and fears none, which is why I am jealous of her.

My oldest sister is four years older than me and, in my opinion, the most hard working out of us three. She maintained a steady job while finishing her last year of college, and has transformed into an independent ass kicker. Being the oldest, she always bossed me and my middle sister around, which has become useful in her career in human relations. We have always been close, and she is my other best friend. She has emerged from a shy teen to a strong willed woman, which is why I am jealous of her.

I always thought being jealous of my sisters made me petty, but in reality, it shows how much they mean to me. Anyone who has a sibling or siblings knows the older you get the more the rivalry grows. But once you grow out of that phase, it can be intimidating watching your siblings' success. As the youngest, I have always been intimidated by my sisters' success and even jealous of it (though I never admitted it to them).

My sisters and I are normally not sentimental and scoff at sayings like "Sisters by birth, friends by choice," but since we are getting matching tattoos soon, I will say this; my sisters are my best friends, fiercest competitors, and the people I envy most.