6 Things You Need To Know About The Next Bachelor, Matt James

Bachelor Nation is about to fall in love with their future bachelor.

6717

America asked, and "The Bachelor" finally answered. After years of pleading for more diversity and representation among "The Bachelor" franchise leads, Matt James has been named the show's first Black bachelor.

Just this week, fans launched a petition asking for change on the show, starting with a Black lead for season 25. Several previous contestants, including Nick Viall, Kaitlyn Bristowe, and Becca Tilley, signed and shared the campaign, and it garnered over 85,000 signatures in just four days.

This announcement is a huge win for Bachelor Nation, but it has many fans asking: Who is Matt James?

1. He started a charity that takes students from underprivileged communities to some of the best restaurants in NYC.

2. He briefly played as a wide receiver in the NFL for the Carolina Panthers and the New Orleans Saints.

3. He's best friends with Tyler Cameron.

@mattjames9191

When your parents leave the record player on.. 😂🕺🏾 | @tylerjcameron3 ##fyp ##foryou

♬ computerized love - jubyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

4. He's a member of the famed TikTok "Quarantine Crew" with Tyler and Hannah Brown.

@thequarantinecrew

Official launch of the ##quarantinecrew ##fyp ##coronavirus @tylerjcameron3 @ryancameron49 @katedooley0 @olivia.faria @hannahkbrown @mattjames9191

♬ Savage - Megan Thee Stallion

5. He was originally cast as a contestant on Clare Crawley's season of "The Bachelorette."

6. He's excited and prepared to be the "first of many" Black bachelors.