Don't shame others for what they like.

If you don't know what I am talking about, in 2015 a girl wrote an article bashing Chacos and basically said that in a few years people will be embarrassed that they ever wore them. The Odyssey Facebook page shared it recently, and I am heated. She bashed on their functionality as well as their price. I would like to give my opinion.

First of all, she bashes people for spending $100 on shoes. I understand that this can seem like a lot of money, but the shoes last a long time, and the company has a policy that they will fix them if they break! Plus, some people, myself included, get discounts for being camp counselors or working certain places so not everyone spends that much. She suggests giving the money to homeless people who probably need it way more. Newsflash: people spend money on things!! And if they like these shoes that may be expensive, they can buy them! Also, I would assume she has some expensive items, perhaps like her Tory rain shoes that she mentions (which cost about the same as Chacos and aren't even comfortable) so why didn't she donate her money for those things to the homeless instead?

After that, she goes on to bash people for thinking they look cute. Why? Why do you have to write a whole article telling people something they enjoy wearing is ugly? I don't care if it doesn't match my outfit, and another newsflash: some people who wear them don't always wear big shirts and running shorts or frat shirts and khakis. There's a whole range of people who enjoy them. Also, who said I wanted it to look like I love nature?

She also notes that the tan lines are a big problem for her. What do you mean?? How can you be angry at someone's tan lines? Do you also get angry at people who have watch tan lines? Bra strap tan lines? Maybe even, god forbid, farmer's tans? I feel like maybe she was stretching a little bit for content.

Lastly, she talks about their possible impracticality for hiking. Girlie, that's why people buy them! They are super durable, they can get wet, and they stay on your feet really well. That's one of the biggest attractions of the shoe. She even says that everyone will look back and regret wearing them. They are SHOES. It's not a big deal!

The fact that I do actually love Chacos and have a pair of my own is not the point of this article. The point is, the fact that you think your opinion is so superior to everyone else's, and that you need to write an article to basically shame people for shoes they like is really unnecessary. Just let people live. Let them enjoy what they want to enjoy, and wear what they want to wear! I know I personally could care less what some girl online thinks about my choices, but I would assume this judgment doesn't stop once you close your laptop.

To all reading, wear whatever you want. If you like Chacos, wear them. If you like Tory rain boots, wear them. If you hate both of those, wear what you like. Just don't shame others for what they like.