Summer is one of my favorite times of the year. I try to spend as much time down the shore as I possibly can. Sometimes, going to the same handful of places can get pretty boring.

If you have found yourself in a rut on where to stop this summer, let me help you out. This is just a (small) sample of a few of my favorite places to go. Most of these places I only recently found out about! Who knows, maybe we'll run into each other this summer.

1. The Cape May County Zoo in Cape May Court House, NJ.

This is the perfect spot if you and your friends are looking to have a nice day without spending a lot of cash! The zoo is free, although they accept (and recommend) a donation of any size to help keep the gates open. Personally, I like to spend most of my trip looking at the otters.

2. Sunrise Cafe in Ocean City, NJ.

This cute little cafe is a great breakfast and lunch spot. They serve the BEST freshly squeezed orange juice, and you even get a free magnet of their logo once you pay for your meal.

3. Aunt Betty's Ice Cream Shack in Ocean City, NJ. 

This ice cream shop is very small and only accepts cash, but believe me when I tell you that they have the best sundaes I've ever tasted!

4. Uncle Oogie's Pizzeria in Sea Isle City, NJ. 

For a few summers, my family would stay in SIC right across the street from Uncle Oogie's. They have a large selection of food to choose from and will even deliver pizza to you on the beach!

5. Drip 'n Scoop in Ocean City, NJ.

This place is probably the closest place to heaven on Earth! It's a gourmet donut shop that serves different flavors each day. You can get just a donut or you can get it cut in half and have them put ice cream in the middle. They also have delicious coffee and pressed juices. This is the perfect place to stop after a long day on the beach! It's only a couple of blocks from the boardwalk, too!