Where You Will Never Find Your Soulmate… Tinder

49

I recently downloaded Tinder out of sheer boredom and for a good laugh. After having the app for five days, I've deleted it. If I ever hear someone say “we met on tinder” and their relationship has lasted longer than a one night stand, I congratulate them. But one must most wonder how many times this couple had to swipe left, and how many nudes they were asked for before they found someone who lasted more than an hour or two.

Tinder was created as a dating app, but it can be better described as a degrading game. And no, I'm not trying to make a feminist speech. This app isn't for dating, but for horny guys looking for a one night stand. Regardless of the few laughs I received, here are some things I personally found slightly repulsive about the app.

The Unclothed Profile Pictures: Seriously? Is it that hard to find a picture with clothing on and your face in the picture? If all your pictures are of you shirtless, pants-less, lacks your face or of just your genital area, I will automatically swipe left. And really, who swipes right? Honesty is the best policy? Here, honestly may not be the best policy. Why don’t we just withstand from telling the truth. Even if you're just a horny guy looking for some unattached fling, you can withhold the truth in your tinder caption. Once again, I wonder who swipes right for a guy with a bio caption saying, “looking for a hookup,” or “let’s be honest, I’m only here to get nudes of girls,” or my persona favorite, “lets casually meet up in my car.”

The Guy with a Girlfriend: If a guy’s tinder pictures all contain one girl and she’s kissing him on his cheek, then chances are, this is his girlfriend. If you want to cheat on your girlfriend, Tinder probably seems like a great place to do it. But if your girlfriend’s friends are on tinder, they will come across your profile…and then tell your girlfriend. And if you're dumb enough to put pictures of just you and your girlfriend in your profile, the only person who will swipe right is probably a major home wrecker. 

The Pickup lines: Alright this was comical, but I really wonder if guys actually think girls would fall for some of these? These lines include, “I may not go down on history, but I’ll go down on you”, “Grab a bottle of wine, and play a game of naked twister”, “Did your license get suspended driving all the guys on tinder crazy,” and various others. Yes, I had quite a good laugh at these before I screen shot them and sent them to a group text. But these lines remind me of sixth grade AIM chats... and no one wants to relive our awkward tweens. 

“Let’s snapchat”: If you're one of my frequent snapchat friends, you’ll know I send two different types of snapchats: my tone deaf self, singing, or an embarrassing face. The guys on tinder are going for something else… No, I will not add you on snapchat because no, I will not send you nudes. No just no. Yes, snapchats delete after so many seconds, but snaps can so easily be screen shot. Who would trust a stranger from not screen shooting it and posting it all over the web? 

So download tinder if you’re looking for a good laugh or a one night stand, but if you’re looking for a soul mate? You’ll have more luck on eHarmony.