Where Is Your Sting?

Where Is Your Sting?

Friends and family... remember that when our Savior is involved, Life and Light always eclipse Death and Darkness.
3

What a peculiar thing. Death.

It slithers in and draws out ones final breaths to strive for the life it desires but cannot have.

Death.

It is a revengeful darkness that extinguishes all glimmers of light.

Death.

It captures forever. It freezes its prey and slowly or suddenly drains out every last mL of life.

Death.

It snuffs out vivaciousness, sucks down joy, rips delight into shreds and shatters breath into uncountable particles.

Death.

The abrasion, the laceration it leaves on the human hearts that remain and must bear it’s heavy blow sears deep into the cellular makeup of the walls that chamber a myriad of monumental memories that are sent to play over and over repeatedly in the minds eye.

It seems so confusing, here one moment, utterly gone the next. Incomprehensible, to be frank.

And such it is. Not something easily understood, if ever understood. An enigma, a code not to be cracked. Of course, physically we see and can articulate how the human loses life and how the body malfunctions and shuts down. But our emotions and spirits can’t make non-physical sense of the disturbance that is -

Death.

I know one. One who lessened the blow, forever. One who silenced the deafening screams of departure, forever. One who overcame the snare that entangled him, the sins that weighed him down so, all the way to Sheol. I know the One who kicked death in the you-know-what and then snuffed out any chance of the separation winning again. Ever.

Death,

where is your sting? You’re power is as dead as my sin. You have lost. You are destitute and lonely. You are weak. You have lost each and every fiber of might.

Death,

You thought you’d win in the end? Truth always wins. Fear loses.

Life -

You have breathed upon the nostrils that were once malfunctioning and decaying. The lungs dilate with oxygen, being filled to the brim. You save, you rescue, you chase, you catch, you treasure, you LOVE. You, dear

Light,

Are the opposite in every manner from Dark. The Darkness trembles.

Life,

In our weakness, Your power is perfected. Grab us by Your strong, mighty & righteous right hand and lead us on.

Light -

Brilliantly shimmer and be a beacon of hope and love to those all around You that haven’t seen or known You personally. Reveal Yourself to Your people. For they SHALL be Your people, and You shall be their G O D .

“The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome it.”
‭‭John‬ ‭1:5‬ ‭ESV