Where Is The Support

Where Is The Support

Just when you feel like going to college will be a good idea

7
Where Is The Support

It is no secret that all parents want their kids to grow up healthy and in hopes that they go off to college and graduate and be able to retire so that their kids can take over what they have been doing for years. some parents like mine are immigrant parents who migrated to make a better living, had to work the minimum all their lives to make sure we had food on the plate and a roof over our head, so they were never able to expand their knowledge and attend college in order to make a better living and so they try to live that through to their own children. Which I have no issue with what so ever but some of the parents want their kids to go to school and become doctors, lawyers, teachers etc. basically, any job that pays the big bucks. like which parent wouldn't . but what makes some of these parents do not know is the process of college and how it works and the type of support needed.

if you live in an African household you might relate. their routine goes little something like this. Wake up, go to school, come back home, do your homework, help take care of the kids, do the cooking and the cleaning, go to work and speak to family members that you have to know idea who they are or you don't like, trying to get you married to someone . all while trying to socialize. there is absolutely nothing wrong with helping around the house, but it wouldn't kill for the parents to understand when you have a 10-page paper to do plus other homework. oh no that becomes a problem you are all of sudden being rebellious and a bad child. am I a bad child that I chose to do my homework for class that is being paid for in order to pass and move forward to getting my degree and getting a good job that will pay for the luxuries you are asking for?

I envy those who have their parents involved in their school life and their parents understand when midterms and finals are important. or at least know that when I say I really have a 10 page paper due , I actually mean it and I'm not just trying to get out of doing my chores . and if you heard that some girl graduated and she works at this job making this amount of money, and question why am I still in college what am I waiting for. how about knowing what she graduated with and what kind of support did she get 9 times out of 10 she got there because of her parents support.

dear parents yes we get it you gave us life and woke up early to go to work to make sure we had food and a place to live. we know how stressed out you was to make the best of nothing for us to get something. we feel that pain and want to get rid of that pain by taking advantage of what you came here for and accomplish just that so that you can finally be worry free. we are not asking you to buy us anything all we ask for a little support to push us, though, believe in us is all we ask for.