Where Happiness Is Found

Where Happiness Is Found

The secret to being happy.

24
Where Happiness Is Found
Cing Lun

You always hear that happiness is a choice and that if you choose to be happy, you will be. Happiness is not a destination. I found happiness in the one true King, Jesus. I came to this conclusion because everywhere I looked I had everything I needed, yet I never got everything I wanted. We are human; we will always want more. However, I realized that these man-made materials only gave me temporary happiness.

You see all these beautiful people on social media who seem to have their lives together. Sure, they look like they're having a blast, but where does that get you without God? People will only post the good things about life, which is why you cannot determine someone else's happiness based of the appearance of their social media.

The happiness we find here on Earth is not the everlasting happiness we will achieve if God is not present with us. I have reflected about it on my own life; sure I have fun and I am happy when I do have fun, but that happiness was only ever temporary. I always wanted more and more, and it never really made me completely happy. When I think about God and his beautiful love for us, that makes me truly happy.

I thought that you were only happy if you were rich, smart, talented or famous, but boy was I wrong! I realized that even if I had ever became rich, smart, talented or famous, there would always be things I would want.

As humans, we are never satisfied with what we already have but we should be. We should be happy because Jesus died on the cross to save us from our sins. God loves us so much that he even gave his only son to die for us. Jesus died so that we may someday find eternal happiness with God.

"For God so loved the world that He gave his only Son, so that everyone who believed in Him, may not perish but have eternal life" John 3:16