6 Times The Sky Has Given Me A Sense Of A Divine Presence

A constant spiritual experience

56
Personal

Whenever I feel upset or lonely, I look at the sky; and suddenly my doubts seem to disappear into the clouds. God, the Divine, or the Universe takes my pain away and releases it into the clouds so that whoever (if anyone/anything) controls this Earth can take care of it. We all have a place where we can retreat to in darker times; and I can gratefully say that mine rests wherever I exist at the moment. I simply can glance up and look at the sky; my heaven then emerges into my consciousness. I never saw the same sky twice; therefore I experienced an immense amount of various heavens. The Universe creates Its own art for us to enjoy. The clouds, sun, moon, air, and stars form a masterpiece. The picture contains a plethora of colors; and these colors possess a divine nature. I look at the sky and my problems shrink. Ironically, the massive size of the Earth makes me feel important rather than insignificant. I look up at the stars and wonder what lies beyond what we can see and think. There is a whole universe; we are only a small speck of it. I think that NOTHING can blow my mind more than space but then a revelation comes to me. In many religions an after life exists. AN AFTER LIFE. Our minds cannot completely comprehend this because we will not fully know what happens to us, until we die. Space is out of this world; but the after life is out of our consciousness. The sky incites so many thoughts and questions. Whenever I feel lonely or miss someone, I look at the moon or the sky and hope someone else who is lonely, or the person I miss is looking at the moon or sky. That small chance eases my worried mind. Even if the person who I miss is deceased, the sky presents a way for me to connect with them; because they now exist within the sky. Also, I always dream of the perfect date as just laying on the ground and looking at the stars; because the sky is one of the divine gifts of the world. I would love to experience that with a lover who loves me unconditionally, fully, and truly. Experience my love for the sky with me through the pictures I took!

1.

Location: on an interstate in Georgia

Date: August 2015

This sky looks like it could be the pattern on a Lush bath bomb or the delicious fair treat: cotton candy.

2.

Location: McDonald’s Mountain Top, PA

Date: January 2017

The clouds cover most of the sky; who knew a cloudy day could bring such beauty.

3.

Location: The University of Scranton

Date: October 2016

It looks like someone went to heaven.

4.

Location: The University of Scranton

Date: December 2016

After a long night of studying, I finally walked back to my dorm around 2am. I stood outside for a couple minutes and this simple sky soothed my stress.

5.

Location: Interstate 81

Date: October 2016

On my way home for fall break, the sky looked rad.

6.

Location: Provincetown, Massachusetts

Date: August 2016

In the cutest little town, the mostly clear sky posed as the perfect background for the Pride flags. An amazing image of love and peace.

The sky reminds me of love, joy, heartbreak, and faith. I have seen the sky in people’s eyes; I guess that is the reason why I got lost in their eyes:

"with the midwestern sky burning above us
we lean up against the car
i want to tell you what the sky has done to me
i want you to tell me who we are
'cause i see you raising the water to your lips
it's the blazing dead center of july
and i got all my hopes hung on one gorgeous promise
and you got the sunlight dancing on your eyes"

Adair//The Mountain Goats

I love the sky and when I die, I will return to where my mind clears and my soul submits to the Divine.