When Your Best Friend Is A Demon Cat

When Your Best Friend Is A Demon Cat

Tiny Angry Kitty

21
When Your Best Friend Is A Demon Cat
http://animalnewyork.com/2014/guide-demonic-cats/

When I looked into the back of the rescue cages and saw her pretty large green eye, I had to adopt her. The lady moved uncomfortably from foot to foot as I said this and told my dad that she was shy and difficult to socialize. If I wasn't going to help her than who was? It's a known fact that cats that are black have a low rate of adoption in comparison to lighter patterns, so the odds of adoption otherwise weren't in her favor. Look, she's still insane after over five years,, but the point is she taught me more about myself than any normal proper litter-box using cat can.

I'm currently writing this article while having a staring match with my little demon, she refuses to come down the stairs to say hi to me because I've been away to college for so long. This always happens, after I write this I will have to climb up the stairs and pick her up and then everything will go back to normal, but until then she's going to sulk and just make me feel bad.

Being a family member with a difficult cat isn't for everyone, but I fall in love quickly so lucky for this fluffy nut I am all hers to put up with the mid-night singing and the apparent hair salon appointments I have in the middle if the night with her kneading paws. A PSA to anyone who has a cat who enjoys hair, go to bed with your hair in a braid, it saves you a run to CVS for two bottles of detangling spray and a half-hour shower. It's about learning patience and finding love in the simple victories. When first adopted she spent most of the day hiding or pretending she was part of secret service and not even existing. Of course, I learned how to love the progress as she kneads my hair at night and claims my tummy as her favorite resting spot. I want to clarify I chose to adopt her because I just knew that I needed that gorgeous little rescue cat to join the family because she would make a great fit. Full- disclosure her litter box habits are sub-par at best and because she is the eldest of our two cats she taught her quirky behavior to her younger sister. Patience is all fun and games till you have to clean streak marks from windows.

She's a little crazy ball that actually saved my life. True story, she saved my life this summer when she woke me up to a fire in the kitchen. It was a light fire, but then again the smoke detectors didn't catch it, my tiny demon did and was persistent that I know about it too. I'm asthmatic so there were a few scenarios that could have happened if she hadn't stopped mewing and grabbing my ear. It's a relationship that taught me patience and humility, now if you excuse me I'm off to apologize to her for leaving to college.