Unexpectedly Meeting Your Best Friend
Friendships

What Happens When You Unexpectedly Meeting Your Best Friend

They come out of nowhere, but you feel like you've known them your entire life.

59
Flickr

I met one of my best friends out of the blue, not expecting it at all.

I had heard that we would get along great since we had very similar interests, but I feel like a lot of the time people with similar interests often don't get along as well. I was so wrong. We met and immediately hit it off, finding it hilarious that we were literally the same person. Same personalities, same interests, same views on everything; it was crazy!

The first day we hung out together we instantly bonded over certain things like horses and makeup, fashion and whatnot. From then on we talked everyday, all the time. We had inside jokes, probably because we have the same sense of humor. We've become inseparable, constantly with each other and the times we aren't physically together, we're either texting or Snapchatting.

I've gone through so many friends that burn out, or they turn out to be one of those people that secretly wants the worst for you. It sucks. I'm pretty sure everyone in life would love it if they had one genuine person who had their back no matter what, someone who you can laugh with and go on adventures with. Because in the end, that's what a best friend is for! Someone who your family treats like another member of the family. At least, that's what I would look for!

It makes me realize that I'm incredibly lucky to have a best friend like her in my life because nowadays it's so rare, which is sad. People aren't as genuine. They either don't generally care about you or they pretend to care and eventually end up stabbing you in the back. So, I think that it's important to cherish those friendships that come around, simply because they're so scarce.