When The World Seems To Be Falling Down, There Is Hope To Be Found

There is hope in the Word that God has given us to cling to in times of trial.

204

In life, hard times are inevitable (but they seem more frequent when you’re a busy, broke, and tired college student). But thanks be to God for the Hope we can hold on to found in His word.

I asked eight of my closest friends for their go-to verses/passages they cling to in times of trial, and these were their responses…

1. Proverbs 3:5-6

“Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your paths straight.”

2. Jeremiah 29:11

“For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans for a hope and a future.”

3. Deuteronomy 29:29

“The secret things belong to the Lord our God, but the things that are revealed belong to us and to our children forever, that we may do all the words of this law.”

4. Ephesians 3:20-21

“Now to him who is able to do far more abundantly than all that we ask or imagine, according to the power at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, forever and ever. Amen.”

5. Psalm 73:23

“Nevertheless, I am continually with you; you hold my right hand.”

6. Ecclesiastes 3:1

“For everything, there is a season, and a time for every matter under heaven.”

7. John 16:33

“I have said these things to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world, you will have tribulation. But take heart, I have overcome the world.”

8. Luke 1:45

“Blessed is she who believes the Lord will fulfill His promises to her.”

9. Exodus 14:14

“The Lord will fight for you, and you only have to be still.”

10. Esther 4:14

“And who knows whether you have not come to the kingdom for such a time as this?”

11. Isaiah 26:3

“You keep him in perfect peace whose mind is fixed on you because he trusts in you.”

12. Isaiah 58:11

“And the Lord will guide you continually and satisfy your desire in scorched places and make your bones strong; and you shall be like a watered garden, like a spring of water, whose waters do not fail.”

13. Matthew 6:33

“But seek first the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all of these things will be added to you.”

14. Philippians 4:6

“Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God.”

15. Colossians 1:13-14

“He has delivered us from the domain of darkness and transferred us to the kingdom of his beloved son, in whom we have redemption, the forgiveness of sins.”

While it may seem like you are alone, be encouraged- in the toughest of times, the Almighty God has got your back. You can overcome this situation because He has overcome the grave.