When We Forget That Life Is Too Short

When We Forget That Life Is Too Short

It hurts us, and we feel every ounce of that regret.

33

When we forget that life is too short, we forget about the good times. We forget about the fun and we worry about the fears instead.

When we forget, we grieve. We strive for what we have lost. We wish we could have done things differently. We hope we get better days again because we could definitely use one right about now.

When we forget that life is too short, we live with the build-up of that bitter regret. That regret is hard to evict once it is settled within us.

Some of our mindsets revolve around age. Age is just a number, but that number can be your last. Age is small in the beginning, but what if it doesn't grow to where it is deserved?

When we forget that life is too short, we lose the ones we love, much faster than we wanted. We hurt so bad with the aching loss within our hearts. We wish that we could have another day with them. Wouldn't that be nice?

When we forget that life is too short, we look back on the decisions we have made. How did they even benefit us? Were they for our own good? Did they destroy us? Ruin us? Kill us?

The whole "life is short" thing came around into a better perspective during my teenage years. My patience was tested, and my heart went through tugging, pulling, breaking, hurting, and tearing. It went through hell.

The whole "life is short" thing opened my eyes. I lost two important people in the same year. 17 was not a good year, I thought. I could have died with them.

17 was not good, but then again, it was. 17 ended right before high school graduation. 17 was college acceptance letters. 17 was senior prom and friendships. 17 was happiness seen and felt in many different forms.

I thought 17 sucked and was never worth it. I thought 17 was bad luck, unsuccessful, worthless, and low. But I was so wrong.

17 was also the time I realized that life is short, and I forgot for a minute.

After my great-grandmother and my mother both died in the same year, I understood that life was, in fact, too short for me to keep up. I can't tell you how fast the rest of 17 went, and how fast 18, 19, 20, and the first half of 21 went. I spent all this time worrying about things I couldn't change at the time, but I also spent these years jumping the gun and taking risks.

Because of this beautifully intoxicating mindset, I live life to the fullest. I take the chances I really want to take, even the ones that make my heart skip a beat and my stomach flutter with butterflies. I do the things I want to do because money can always be made, but memories sometimes cannot be created.

When we forget that life is too short, we sit with regret, and pain, and agony. We get jealous of what we could have done, and what we could have been.

When we forget that life is too short, we don't live.

Enjoy every moment.