When The Rain Is Overwhelming

When The Rain Is Overwhelming

Remember, the storm won't last forever.

22
When The Rain Is Overwhelming
Toly

Rain….it is a funny thing. A little drizzle is no big deal, we can handle that, without disruption to our day. But what happens when it downpours? And the drops are big, large, and unrelenting as they pour down on top of us? It always seems to happen when we least expect it, we try to outrun it or seek shelter. It soaks our hair, ruins our outfits, cancels our plans, floods houses, and brings cloudy skies. It turns the bright sunny day into one that is dark, gray, cold, dreary and gloomy.

But what happens after the down pour of rain is over? What then? Does the rain do anything except ruin your day and destroy your property? What is the purpose of the drops of water that overwhelm you? That only seem to bring shadows and gray fog upon us. Is there any meaning, any good that can be seen as the water cascades down the window?

Hold on, don't give up, simply wait. Hang on until the down pour slows to a light pitter patter as the clouds begin to roll away. Oh if you can just find the hope to be patient through the storm you will soon begin to see the clouds slowly roll away. As beams of light begin to pierce through the fog and the colors of the rainbow embark on painting the sky with the splendor of their beauty. As the buds in the ground find the nourishment to begin to blossom and grow. As the grass is refreshed and turns into a deep luscious green field. As the wells are full of fresh water. As the earth is revived and replenished.

It is hard to see in the midst of blurred vision as the rain spatters all over your face. But we can have faith that the rain will never last forever. There is always an end to the downpour. Just keep breathing, just keep taking steps, just keep holding on and eventually those clouds will begin to roll away and in the end the sunshine will return and with it new life, beauty and growth.