When Nature Gives You Memes:

When Nature Gives You Memes:

Some meme-worthy nature photography I've taken, from the Pacific Northwest.

251
When Nature Gives You Memes:
Joshua Doyle

The Pacific Northwest is full of amateur photographers, often seen in great numbers once late spring comes around. And due to this, I realize that there are likely multiple photographs of the same areas, making nature photography an absolute cut-throat competition in this region for photographers wishing to actually make money off of it. Which is why in my case, I choose just to have fun with it. Whenever I'm enjoying a hike in nature, sure, I take photographs of the surrounding landscape just like anyone else, for capturing a moment that I can look back on. However, as of lately, what I mainly look for when hiking, are pictures that I can turn into memes, which has become quite addicting and amusing as a hobby. This is something I believe will likely become a trend upon other nature photographers, if it hasn't already. And why not? Memes make everything better. And so, enjoy these following memes I've made, to pass your time while on the toilet, or when you should actually be studying...you know how it goes once memes come into play:

(Taken at: Steigerwald Lake National Wildlife Refuge, Washougal, WA)

Sigh.

(Taken at: Vancouver Lake Regional Park, Vancouver, WA)

Be sure to read the following meme in Scary Terry's voice from Rick and Morty:

Although, that Garter Snake met his unfortunate demise after a Great Egret got a hold of him:

These snakes tend to emerge in great numbers in the springtime for mating season, which probably explains the strange behavior of the Garter Snake below, that I recorded at the Burnt Bridge Creek Trail:

(Taken at: Burnt Bridge Creek Trail, Vancouver, WA)

Step aside Bald Eagle. There's a new playa in town:

(Taken at: Tide Water Cove Marina, Vancouver, WA)

Ironically saw this guy on Easter.

(Taken at: Marine Park, Vancouver, WA)

And soon after, I found one:

(Taken at: Marine Park, Vancouver, WA)

(Taken at:Steigerwald Lake National Wildlife Refuge, Washougal, WA)

(Taken at: Long Beach, WA)

Although I wouldn't recommend eating the mushroom pictured above, especially if there are trees around like the one pictured below. That is a bad trip waiting to happen, with ominous Evil Dead vibrations that will toy with your mind:

And the following memes from here on out were taken at the Oregon Zoo in Portland, Oregon:

Don't judge me Yoda.

And my personal favorite animal from the zoo, Nora the polar bear. She was quite a character, although unfortunately she was moved to Utah's Hogle Zoo, soon after my visit last summer. I'll miss you girl:

Well, thanks for viewing my article. Sometimes we need more humor in the articles we share, especially under our current political climate. I hope you enjoyed the memes that Mother Nature has provided me. Feel free to comment on which one was your favorite, if you wish. Stayed tuned for more nature memes to come, from photographs I've taken from my time living in Texas and California as well.