When Life Hands You Lemons: A Literal Recipe For Lemonade

It's actually not that easy.

23
pixabay

The saying goes when life gives you lemons, make lemonade. But unfortunately, lemons are not the only ingredients needed to create this delicious and refreshing drink we like to enjoy on hot summer days. The saying doesn’t go like this, “when life gives you lemons, sugar, water, ice cubes, and a cup go make some delicious lemonade”. No, it only gives you lemons. How in the world are we supposed to make lemonade with only one ingredient?

The saying is simple, when life gives you something sour, make something sweet. To many, this seems like a difficult concept. But in all reality, we have every ingredient we need at our very fingertips. Shall we begin?

1. Lemon juice – the base: Life graciously provided us with that one sour event that makes us doubt all the good in the world. But the world believes in us to make something great out of it.
  2. Water – the diluter: Lemon juice can be quite sour so we need something to help balance it out. In life, the diluter of sour events is laughter. Laughter can help put a smile on our face as well as help us forget our problems.
  3. Sugar – the sweetener: The sweetener for life is friends. Friends share precious memories with you and always make life easier to enjoy.
  4. Ice cubes – the cooler: Everyone needs something or someone to keep you calm, cool, and collected in life’s crazy times. The ice cubes in life are your family. They may be the ones who are making you go crazy but at the end of the day, they are always there for you and help you cool off.
  5. Cup – the holder: Without the cup, our lemonade would be never ending flowing river of yellow liquid. The cup in life is you. Yes, life is hard but you can do it. You can hold your head high and hold yourself to a high standard because you can do anything you set your mind to.

Whether life hands you one simple tablespoon of lemon juice or an entire gallon, the ingredients to make lemonade are ready for you. Surround yourself with the best ingredients who will help you make the best cup of lemonade possible.