When In Doubt, Drink Sweet Tea

When In Doubt, Drink Sweet Tea

It's tea time, y'all!

26
When In Doubt, Drink Sweet Tea
Sugar Dish Me

In the South, sweet tea is our holy water. There’s nothing more refreshing than a cool, iced tea on these hot summer days. But when else can you drink sweet tea? Let me count the ways...

1. After a bad day.

Sometimes you need a little extra sweetness in your life. Before you go crazy like a chicken with its head cut off, grab yourself a glass of tea and have a sit.

2. After a good day.

Did you catch a rare Pokemon? Did you get a promotion at work? Are you just excited you didn’t spill anything on yourself today? Nothing is sweeter than victory except sweet tea. It might be a tie.

3. To chill out and relax.

OK, y’all. Time to slip into your favorite pajamas, grab your softest blanket and pour yourself a giant glass of sweet tea. After a hard day’s work, sweet tea will cool your nerves. Besides, tea is too sweet to cause drama!

4. For family reunions.

Lucky for you, tea won’t ask why you’re not married and having babies. Tea won’t ask about your future career plans. Tea won’t tell you about the latest family gossip or the jailbreak of your cousin, twice removed. You can enjoy your tea in peace and quiet.

5. At the church potluck.

What goes better with a casserole than sweet tea? Anything else is a lie, and we all know that the devil is a liar. Can I get a witness?

6. At a party.

There’s no shame in skipping the alcohol for some non-alcoholic goodness. Of course, you could mix the two together. But let’s be honest, sweet tea is just too darn good to compete with another drink!

7. At a summer cookout.

What more could you want with barbecue?

8. With lunch, snack, dinner…pretty much everything.

Tea goes great with just about any food. Whether cold or hot, bitter or sweet, flavorful or in need of salt, sweet tea will help you wash down just about anything.

9. While traveling.

You may have to (gasp!) leave the South for a while, but fear not! You can take a little bit of home with you in a tumbler full of sweet tea.

10. On a (bad) date.

When you’re on a date, the sweet taste of tea can help calm your nerves. But if your date starts talking about his/her thriving drug business or abundance of "crazy" exes, then you can always chug a glass and formulate an “emergency” (escape plan) in the bathroom. Did someone say Houdini?

11. When you're working.

If your job will allow it, keep a drink with you to stay hydrated. Try some water…with a tea bag and sugar. That’s healthy enough, right?

12. Pretty much any other time!

Sweet tea just makes life sweeter. Now if you’ll excuse me, I’m going to make myself a glass. Cheers!