When You Have A Cause Even Giants Can't Stop You!

God provides power for you to fulfill your purpose!

23

One of my favorite Bible stories is the story of David and Goliath. I have always appreciated the attitude of David. Some call it his faith in God, others may call it an ambitious teenager over achieving, others may say it was just being in the right place at the right time. I think there was more to it than all the above. I think David realized he had a purpose. He told his brothers and the other soldiers, "Is there not a cause?" David understood that there was a job that needed to be accomplished and he just volunteered to make sure it was. David knew that the work and people of God were much bigger than the giant that stood in the way. He just made sure he was able to be used by God. Every other soldier was so frightened by this giant they totally forgot about the God that was on their side. However, when David held up the head of Goliath the Bible says that the army of Israel went crazy. You talk about an adrenaline rush! They just saw the most amazing thing and it rejuvenated their spirits. They grabbed their swords and slew the rest of the Philistine army and a great victory was won. Why? They saw the power of God, their God, through David.

Today I would say we live in a culture where many giants stand in the way of God's work and His people. I would say now more than ever there is a cause! So many people doubt God's existence, some despise a God they don't even know, and others truly are searching but haven't found Him. There are giants all around who are empowered by the prince of darkness and are trying to prevent God from showing off His power. They don't want mankind to see God for who He truly is. One thing that amazes me about God is the fact He likes displaying His awesome abilities through us humans. Who would have thought a young boy could take down a champion warrior, a giant, but he did! God is willing to display His strength to people around you. He is just waiting for you to allow Him to do it through you. It's up to you to realize that there is a greater cause that needs to be fulfilled and it may only be accomplished by you! Are you willing to put aside your fears, your own desires, and your own preferences to take on the Giants that are keeping your friends from knowing God? IS THERE NOT A CAUSE?