When Food Becomes A Problem

When Food Becomes A Problem

Be aware.

12
When Food Becomes A Problem
study abroad corner

Food is one of the requirements of life.

You need your nutrients to grow, function, and go about your day, but at what point does it become overwhelmingly out of control. I absolutely LOVE food, and I mean LOVE LOVE it. Though sometimes it worries me how much I actually am in Love with food. I am totally the type of girl who eats her feeling. A guy rejects me, let me turn to a jar of Nutella.

I'm cramming for an exam, let me het a dozen of Krispy Kreme doughnuts, I'm so bored let me run over to Chik fil A. Food is always my solution, this NEEDS to stop. I complain so much about how the Freshman 15 ruined me, and the Sophomore 30 was the death of me. Now in my new lifestyle of eating better, yes lifestyle diets are temporary, lifestyles are more permanent.

I'm not overweight or anything like that, but I'm not the weight I should be for someone 5 foot 4inches. I'm supposed to weigh in about 125, and I am 148. I lost 10 pounds over the summer Praise Jesus and have 20 more till I am satisfied. What I noticed is I can't continue to eat how I did in High school. My metabolism is not as fast, I have less time to work out from when I was younger, and I seem to Love food too, much.

Everyone deserves to pig out once in a while, but when your emotions get too attached, then that's when you have a problem. Eating horribly can cause issues like diabetes, High blood pressure, high cholesterol, cardiovascular issues, and even more. I love myself to much to put myself through that. Everything should be done in moderation. Ever since I got an app on my phone I actually see how much I consume for the day and how many calories. This helps me be aware, and on top of myself. So now it's my job, to be smarter. No more eating a jar of Nutella a day just with a spoon, that is long gone.