When Cartoons Were Good

When Cartoons Were Good

The 90s, Man what a Time

51
When Cartoons Were Good
kippreport.com

Remember those Saturday mornings you'd wake up, grab a bowl of cereal, head to the TV, and begin binge watching the best cartoons ever. As a 90s baby that may be a tad bit bias of a statement but if you're a 90s baby like me then you know as well as I do, that cartoons today can't compare. I turn on CartoonNetwork and Nick sometimes these days and try to watch them but it's just not the same. Now I do admit there are a couple of new cartoons that are pretty good but none of them are cracking my Top 10.

10) Cow and Chicken

This TV show right here was most definitely one of the weirdest cartoons of all time, it literally kept your head spinning. Starting with the fact that this cow and chicken were adopted by two parents who seemed to be a pair of talking legs but after awhile you just accept it.

9) Tom & Jerry

I don't know what it is about that cat and mouse but until this day I will still watch them run around inflicting pain on each other. Hands down one of the best feuds in cartoon history, they never said a word to each other but when they saw each other...it...was...ON!

8) Rocket Power

These kids had every other kid out there wanting to skateboard, surf, roller blade, snowboard and a little of everything that contained a X Games kind of feel. This definitely had every kid wanting to get outside and be active rather than imitate it on a video game all day.

7) Rugrats

These little guys were the babies that everybody wishes they were growing up, going on adventures that we couldn't even imagine. Even when things got scary for these little tykes they found a way to push through, but I guess "a baby's gotta do what a baby's gotta do."

6) Hey Arnold

Going through this list it seems that some of the best cartoons have the coolest characters, I mean it makes since especially when it comes to Arnold. His cool was unmatched, looking back he invented the word swag, everything from his room, all the way to his cap that just kinda sat on his uniquely shaped head.

5) Spongebob Sqaurepants

I know you may see this and disagree with ranking our yellow spongy friend in 5th but that doesn't make this show any less great. Spongebob is hands down without a doubt the best cartoon on TV today but back in the day he had some pretty tough competition keeping him out the top 3.

4) Ed, Edd, & Eddy

Three friends who oddly enough are all named Edward but with personalities that could not be more different from one another. The Ed's showed us the art to making extra cash and also sparked our interest in jawbreakers, wondering just where we could get a giant one or if they even existed.

3) Dexter's Laboratory

The one kid who made me feel inferior as a student and scholar because Dexter was only in elementary school but had a secret lab that somehow his parents never found out about. The only one who knew about it was the infamous Dee Dee, who would always blow his experiments to smithereens.

2) Powerpuff Girls

The original Powerpuff Girls were the most dope super heroes to hit the scene, but hey I guess that's what you get when you mix sugar, spice, and everything nice... Oh yeah, and Chemical X! The three sisters Blossom, Bubbles, and Buttercup were only kindergartners, but they took out the toughest villains of Townsville faithfully.

1) Courage the Cowardly Dog

The undisputed champ coming in at the top spot is the most cowardly and courageous dog the world has ever seen. There has never been another show that can make me laugh one second and be completely terrified the next but still keep me so captivated that I didn't want to look away. Safe to say that this cartoon sparked many creepy nightmares and had parents getting their children night lights.

Honorable Mentions: Billy & Mandy, Samurai Jack, Rocko's Modern Life, Scooby Doo, Freakazoid, and I Am Weasel.

Cartoons of the 90s are a thing of the past, they just don't make them the same anymore. Then again they are attempting to be appealing for a whole new generation of kids who have it way different than we did growing up in the 90s. Thanks to these technological advances that have been made, us 90s babies can always stream the real cartoons on that Saturday morning while eating a bowl of cereal.