When A Guy Starts to Care, and It's Too Late
Dating

When A Guy Starts To Care, And It's Too Late

Don't make excuses for him. you deserve the best.

4490

When a guy starts to care for a girl its usually in one of three time periods in the beginning of the relationship, gradually in the relationship, or when it's too late. For all of you ladies who have experienced when the guy starts to care, and its too late this is for you.

You're over him. You're done. You've continually tried to put forth effort into making things work. You've given him opportunities and chances to make progress, but he just doesn't. How did you even let it get like this to begin with?

It started because in the beginning he was interested, and you were interested. You probably talked a couple times a week, maybe even hung out once or twice a week. You were constantly caring for him probably, and most likely putting forth slightly more effort. His interest is still there, but he's no longer intentional. No longer seeking to make plans or hang out, but he swears up and down he's interested. So you go along with it. You talk maybe once a week, and see each other once every two weeks. You say you're happy, he cares, and everything is good. Then you take a step back.

You realize I don't deserve to be the one struggling to make plans. He should be wanting to hang out with you just as much you want to hang out with him. He should want to talk to you and learn more about you. You realize if he has no desire to learn more about you and put more effort in, then no, he doesn't really care.

So, you start to move on. You don't make plans with him. You don't initiate conversation. You're not being petty or immature. You're just not wasting your time anymore. You and your time are so valuable and you shouldn't waste it chasing a more who doesn't recognize that worth.

It may take a day or two or even a week, but at some point the guy (if he has the least bit of common sense) will notice. He'll notice he hasn't heard from you or seen you. He'll start to want to pursue you again. He'll start to initiate conversation and want to hang out. He'll start to care. He's probably realized oh man I don't need to let this girl go (if he doesn't then he is a for real dummy and that's 1-800-HISLOSS girl). He'll make attempts to try and win you back when he honestly didn't really have you to begin with.

Every situation here is different. Most of the time you'll realize I deserve better, and you'll politely decline his offers as he should've realized what he had before it was too late. Now sometimes there is that special gem of guy who deserves a second chance. Just take a step back, and make sure he cares. Don't make an excuse for him. Make sure he knows how lucky he is, because us ladies in the world truly deserve all it has to offer.