What's Up With The Acai Bowl Craze?

What's Up With The Acai Bowl Craze?

Acai bowls are the newest health trend.

976
What's Up With The Acai Bowl Craze?
Kats Take

I love Acai Bowls.

No, I am not being a basic white girl.

Bottom line is, they are super healthy and taste amazing.

They are easy to make and let's be real, it makes your tummy super happy.

I make them quickly in the morning or even on a lazy day. You can also prep the ingredients ahead of time so that it is easy to put together.

There is a place called Vitality Bowl in the Bay Area, California. At Vitality, you can get Acai Bowls, but you can modify them. If you want a specific kind of bowl, they probably have it. My favorite is the Dragon Bowl. They also have an Energy Bowl, Detox Bowl, Green Bowl and Nutty Bowl.

Everyone is crazy for these bowls, but they are so expensive. If you want to get a good Acai bowl, you'd better break out your wallet because it will probably cost you around $20-25 per bowl.

Instead of going out and buying a bowl every day, I have resorted to making homemade versions.

What I do to make my own is very simple and I can add or take from it whatever I want.

I take frozen strawberries and blend them with just a little bit of milk. I add enough strawberries so that it fills a good size bowl. After I put all the purified strawberries into a bowl, I then add granola, or if I don't have any granola, I add Corn Flakes. I then slice up a banana into the bowl. After that, I add frozen Chia Seeds to make it a little bit more filling. Lastly, I add lots and lots of honey, which makes it extra sweet. It tastes amazing. I buy everything from bulk at Trader Joes so that it overall is way cheaper than going out and buying a bowl every day.

Sometimes when I get a bowl, I throw in some chocolate chips, but I feel like I am justified in doing so due to the healthiness of the bowl.

One of the best things about making it at home is that you can add and take away anything.

Below are 2 easy at home recipes. I hope that I have inspired you to try them out!

Pinterest is a great place to find easy recipes. Vitality Bowl also has all of its ingredients posted on their website, so if anyone wants to know what exactly they put in their bowls, it is there for you to find.

#1 Acai Bowl

-2 packets of sambazon superfruit packs (you can get them at Safeway)

-1 banana

-2 strawberries

-1/4 cup of purely elizabeth granola (or your favorite granola)

-1/2 cup coconut water

-1 tsp unsweetened shredded coconut

-1 tbsp organic agave (this can be hard to find so I use honey)

#2 Acai Bowl

-1 Banana

-2/3 cup Blueberries, Frozen

-1 Blueberries, Fresh

-2/3 cup Strawberries, Frozen

-1 Strawberries, Fresh

-3/4 cup Almond milk

-1 Granola

-1 Coconut flakes

-1 teaspoon Acai Powder