I Want My Voice To Be Heard Even If No One Is Listening

Hear me.

86
https://www.pexels.com

I’m tired.

Like really tired.

Not because of sleep deprivation, but because of the way I’m blatantly ignored on when I open up about things that are important to me.

I started writing for the odyssey 2 years ago with fire in my heart and passion in each article I wrote.

I had tons of ideas, great concepts and had developed a following in accordance with my work.

I reached thousands of people and received tons of great feedback. About a year ago that all stopped.

Just a disclaimer, this is not an article bashing the odyssey in any way shape or form. I adore the writers I’ve met and admire what the organization stands for. I’m just speaking about my own experience.

After some time, I began writing articles that had a deeper meaning and that which was more personal to me .

I opened up about topics ranging from bullying to mental illness and poured my heart out in these more serious articles.

As an English major, I’ve always had a passion for writing and when I feel strongly about something I write about it.

Some of my articles have been light hearted and silly and others have been the polar opposite.

All I’m trying to say is this.

I’ve been writing for the odyssey for two years and have loved contributing to my team.

What frustrates me is the fact that I have more recently felt that only a select few people read what I have to say.

I’m not interested in social media statistics and popularity like how many likes someone can get.

No, what grinds my gears is that there are people who write about the same things I do and they have a ton of people (friends, peers etc) who actively read their work and provide feedback accordingly.

I’ve questioned why my articles don’t receive the same following as others and I really don’t have an answer.

Honestly I feel as of late that I’m writing for a blind audience. I write from the heart and yet very few people read what I have to say.

I get we are all busy but it bothers me that people will read an article to figure out which cheese they identify with over one that is more personal and shares the secrets of someone’s most inner narrative.

I love writing but my spark has dimmed a little and I’m looking for ways to reignite my passion for writing.

I want to write but feel like nobody reads what I have to say and to be honest that doesn’t feel very good.

I want to feel like my voice matters.

I want to impact others and inspire those who are going through a hard time to see the light even when it might seem to have been extinguished.

I want to write but I feel as though I can’t.

I want to know that my words matter. I know that they do but the lack of readers makes me feel at times that I should just write some of the content in my personal notebook rather than publicly.

I don’t think I should feel like my content doesn’t matter when other peoples does and clearly makes an impact.

I want to share my unique sparkle with others through my writing and just want to feel......

Heard.