PopSocket: The Phone Accessory You Need To Have

What's that thing on the back of your phone?

17695
popsocket.com

On average, I get asked about two to three times a day what that "thing" on the back of my phone is. That "thing" my classmates and friends refer to is the plastic and silicone circle that I constantly push in and out and in and out again on my iPhone. "Oh this? It's called a PopSocket," I tell them.

I first learned about PopSockets last semester when my friend had one on the back of her phone. Of course, when I first saw it, I naively asked her what that thing was and what it was for. For those of you who have been living under a rock, a PopSocket is a silicone phone grip, stand, and headphone hanger that sticks to the back of a phone. My friend told me that it made holding her iPhone so much easier, so naturally, I had to have one. I went on the website and was overwhelmed by the countless design and color options available to create the most perfect personalized "plastic/silicone thing."

I feel like a trendsetter every time PopSocket virgins ask me what's on the back of my phone. Sometimes people with no taste scoff at the accessory, wondering what possessed me to ever spend money on the gadget, while others play with it enviously, wanting one of their own.

Since being introduced to and welcomed into the PopSocket community some months ago, the number of members on campus sporting the contraption has grown from just a few people to a large family. Yes, a family. And not just your ordinary Proud Family, but a family of elite members and self proclaimed PopSocket ambassadors with the mission of revolutionizing the way iPhones are used.

PopSockets are extremely entertaining. Since getting one, walking to class and being in class has become much less of a bore. Instead of using up all my phone's cellular data while trekking to my lectures, I spend my time listening to music while spinning my phone between my fingers. This also saves me the dreaded, yet expected, call from my dad once a month yelling at me for going over the family data plan.

One of my biggest first world problems is having to deal with the nuisance of texting on my phone after I've wrapped my headphones around it. That's why my favorite utilization of the PopSocket is coiling my earphones the body of it when it's popped out.

PopSockets are so much more than a silicone and plastic phone grip. Everyone I know that doesn't have one wants one (except for losers) and everyone I know that has one loves it. Even The Wall Street Journal dubbed PopSockets the best compact smartphone support they have seen. If The Wall Street Journal thinks that PopSockets are amazing, you should probably consider getting one, because everyone knows that the WSJ knows what's up. Even USA Today described PopSockets as one of the "Coolest tech gadgets you have to see" at CES 2015.

Not only do PopSockets make you the trendiest S.O.B. on campus, but it will help you get laid. Everyone will want to meet that incredibly good looking kid with the cool phone thing. While you'll sound like an infomercial when you describe what your gadget is, PopSockets are undeniably a great conversation starter.

Get your PopSocket today and join the movement! They're customizable, which means you can finally get a picture of Zac Efron on the back of your phone. They make for great presents for all members of the family for Hannukkah, Christmas, and Kwanzaa. Get your grandma a PopSocket with a picture of yourself to remind her who her favorite grandkid is, or gift your guy friend a PopSocket with a picture of their favorite porn star!

You can find a variety of PopSockets on Amazon and www.popsockets.com, where you can also customize them for yourself.