"What's Meant for You, Won't Pass You By"

A Gentle Reminder

8606

As yet another school year draws to a close there is the usual excitement for warm weather. Yet, there is also the overwhelming sadness of having to leave your college campus for the summer. A summer that is more likely going to be filled with work than filled with adventures. Many of my friends have been trying to obtain jobs, internships or really anything that will make them money for a few months. If they’re lucky something that will get them started on the path to the career they can only dream of.

As the job offers come in, so do the celebrations. Many accredit the newfound success to hard work, family, friends and even sheer luck. Yet, as the offers come in for some they also do not for others. The phone calls that bring bad news or rejection emails come along with sadness, anxiety, nerves and the (typical) what am I going to do with my life breakdown.

In these moments, it can be hard to know what to say when trying to both congratulate and console my friends and peers. I have found that without me even consciously thinking about it, one phrase continuously comes to my mind and out of my mouth in both situations.

“What’s meant for you, won’t pass you by.” —Anonymous

It is never easy to accept that something you really wanted whether in academics, work or love did not come your way. There is constant questioning of what you must have done wrong. Sometimes the answer is easy to pinpoint. Most times, it is not, which just makes everything extremely confusing. No one is perfect and it is important to remember that some things are just not meant to be. If it is meant for you, you are going to get that job, that A+ on a paper or that person to call you back.

Finals are here and summer is quickly approaching, and hopefully so is a summer job. It is the time of year everyone is starting to slightly lose their minds. Here is a reminder for you out there, if you are struggling, it is going to be ok. If your life has not been going as planned that is ok too.

Soon something so much better is going to come along and all the confusion and questioning will be resolved because life will all make sense. This is a gentle reminder that you are in college, it is not supposed to be all figured out yet. So in the next few weeks before the semester ends take a moment for yourself. Enjoy the sunshine that has finally started to peak out. Make memories with your friends. Don’t forget to study hard. Upmost, remember it is all going to work out the way it is supposed to for you.