Everything You Need To Know About Traveling During A Pandemic

I Traveled During The Pandemic, And It's Honestly Not As Bad As I Thought

Here's what you should know if you are planning to visit someone or have someone come to visit you.

2716

As these past few months have shown, nothing is predictable. Things can change very quickly. However, the country decided it was time to start opening back up and lessening its restrictions. After many safety precautions, I decided to travel to visit my boyfriend who I haven't seen since the start of quarantine. Taking as many measures as I could, I arrived at the airport, Lysol wipes in my backpack and hand sanitizer in my pocket. I was ready to distance and I didn't expect it to go so smoothly.

I went to the Midway Airport in Illinois and I flew Southwest. I was very impressed by the measures Midway took to make sure everyone was wearing a mask and keeping their distance. The only part of traveling that fueled my anxiety is when everyone bunched together to board. They boarded 10 people at a time but all 10 people bunched in and many stood up and followed them to prepare for the next group. Even though this happens, it is not too hard to keep a proper distance. Everyone is required to wear a mask, which is a wonderful preventive measure. However, some people fail to pull it all the way over their noses, making it easier for any germs to spread.

Even with these measures in place, I added some of my own precautions by wiping down the seats and making sure I kept a solid distance from others.

I sat in an empty row and wiped down everything I would be touching thoroughly and then sanitized. It was super extra, but necessary to keep me and those around me safe and healthy.

Everyone has their place in this fight and as frustrating as this has been, there are simple ways to play your part. We will beat this but until then, don't stop being smart!