50 Things I Learned While Living With 50 Girls During My Sophomore Year Of College

36. Always have a phone charger with you.

868
Personal Photo

I did this my freshman year of college, and so I thought I might as well do one this year as well.

These are things I learned from my own personal experiences, as well as from observing others. Here's to the best school year yet.

1. Genuine happiness should always be your #1 priority.

2. Complaining doesn't do anything except waste time.

3. Always give people a second chance.

4. Talking to people you don't know will result in so many open doors.

5. Living with 50 girls in a sorority house is the greatest experience.

6. Late night eats sound good in the moment, but you will regret them in the morning.

7. Taking classes with your friends is the best idea ever.

8. Hanging out with the right crowd will make your college experience so much better.

9. Don't be afraid to step out of your comfort zone.

10. Being nice will get you far.

11. The people you were friends with freshman year will not always be the same your sophomore year.

12. Take advantage of every opportunity given to you.

13. Deciding to not wearing a jacket to class during the middle of winter is NOT a good idea.

14. Mistakes will happen...laugh about them later.

15. Being your true self is the best way to meet the greatest people.

16. Always hold the door for strangers.

17. Nights out with your best friends make for irreplaceable memories.

18. Sometimes staying in and watching a movie is better than going out.

19. Don't stress about things that won't matter in 5 years.

20. A simple text to someone you haven't talked to in a while means so much.

21. Making friends within your major will make your life incredibly easier.

22. Sometimes a hug is all you need to make you feel better.

23. God is there for you through anything and everything.

24. Thinking that you are "too cool" to do something is stupid.

25. There is always going to be someone who has it worse than you, don't ever feel bad for yourself.

26. No matter how lame something may seem, if you are with the right people it can still be one of the best times.

27. People change.

28. Find my iPhone will continue to be my biggest lifesaver.

29. DP dough is not only a blessing, but a curse.

30. Grades matter...a night staying in is better than a bad GPA.

31. Stepping out of your comfort zone is the best way to learn new things.

32. Praying for people you don't know is important.

33. Don't ignore someone if they are talking to you.

34. Making excuses only works for so long...take responsibly for your actions.

35. Taking spontanious road trips with your friends is always a great idea.

37. Including everyone in your plans is so important.

38. Do favors for other people. It will benefit you in the future.

39. Give compliments! People will appreciate them and you.

40. Breaking your phone on the first day back to school will result in having to use your iPad as a phone for 2 weeks. (Long story short, don't break your phone lol)

41. Living off campus will result in a very high Uber bill each month.

42. Going on spring break with your best friends will be the best week of the year.

43. Surprising your family for a weekend at home is so worth it.

44. Always greet people with a smile.

45. Staying positive through bad situations is so important.

46. 8:30am classes really aren't that bad.

47. You can learn a lot about someone just from a simple conversation.

48. You have to work for what you want.

49. Being busy is not a bad thing.

50. Sophomore year...I love you.