What To Do If You Are an Introvert in the Summer

Don't forget that you only get one you and to always take care of yourself!

138
DeviantArt

Finally Spring is here in the Northland! And we already have various adventures planned that involves beach days, ice cream dates, concerts, get together's with friends and various other activities to get away from the stress of work.

But if you are more of an introvert and like to keep your activities smaller and in a more manageable way, then maybe some of these ideas could be up your alley!

1. Go to a bookstore

Whether you are browsing for a new read or wanting to go to a local event, then look no further than your local bookstore! Find some new authors that you may have been wanting to read for a while, but have not found the inspiration or have had the time. There are also book signings and readings for local authors that anybody can go to for free. Plus there is usually hors d'oeuvres and drinks available. You can mingle with other people who are interested in books, writing, or any other creative element.

2. Start a Book Club

Another bookish one, I know, but I'm a bookworm by nature.

But this one could prove to be a good idea if you want to talk about books without fear of judgement. I have only been a part of one book club, but I really benefited from it because the club allowed me to expand my horizons by reading other authors. Plus if you are not too big on crowds and just want a small group of people, then book clubs are usually a safe haven. AND you can put your own twist on it too! Like would you want to read a specific genre? Maybe reading the same author, but different and lesser known works. Even food, or meeting a different places like a cafe, restaurant or wherever! Now I want to start a book club...

3. Movies outdoors.

Now I'm not sure if this is only up in my neck of the woods, but each weekend in the summer, my neighboring city puts on a movie night. Last year we had movies like, Jurassic Park, Despicable Me 2, The Avengers and all types of movies for everyone to enjoy. Jurassic Park was awesome to experience on a summer night by the lake. So maybe look into public movie nights that could be occurring in your area. They usually have popcorn, pizza and drinks for a small fee. Its a lot of fun especially if you don't want to spend a lot of money and want to put a spin on your Saturday night.

4. Have a Date in Your Living Room

Now I know this one may seem obvious, but if you're like my fiance and I, then when we have a weekend off, we like to take it easy after a hectic week of constantly running at work. So a night in our sweats, nachos and playing Cards Against Humanity, or cooking together is just what we need. But don't forget the wine...

5. Explore.

Not just physically, but mentally. Think about some hobbies you may want to rekindle. Think of places that YOU just want to go. Sometimes taking a weekend trip with one other person or by yourself is get back where you need to be.

I know just as much as the next person how hard it is to schedule playtime because work, family, and responsibilities take precedence in our lives. But don't forget that you only get one you and to always take care of yourself!