What Working Has Taught Me

What Working Has Taught Me

Working is good, I promise!

679
What Working Has Taught Me
www.realtor.com

As citizens in the United States, working is definitely something that is a staple in our lives. Unlike other countries where relaxation and play is important, the U.S. has the mindset that work is the most important thing in life.

I have been working since I was thirteen years old, and as bad as that sounds, it has changed my life and I don't know what kind of person I would be without it.

In my experience, working was the initial step for me to find out what kind of person I was. Before I had a job, I was immature as hell, never knew how to manage any money that came into my hands, and I also slept late almost everyday. After working for seven years, I can confidently say that I am very responsible, manage my money well (sometimes), and naps are a gift to me once in awhile. It's kind of bad, but I am obsessed with working (hence me working three jobs and going to school.)

Working has taught me:

1. To respect other working people (not that I didn't before,) because I know how it feels to be looked down upon by customers.

2. To manage my time (and also to not waste it by sleeping all day).

3. To learn more about patience and understanding.

4. The importance of relationships with coworkers.

5. That people aren't always nice.

6. To become my own person.

These are just several reasons why I believe that work is so important for a person's well-being. Working has really changed my life for the better and I hope it has for you too! :)