A Complete Synopsis of 'The Secret World of Jeffree Star'

What We Actually Learned From 'The Secret World Of Jeffree Star'

A complete recap of the 5 part series.

1195

If you don't know who Shane Dawson or Jeffree Star is, have you been on YouTube before?

Jeffree Star owns a makeup line and has a YouTube channel with over 10 million subscribers but his life has been shrouded in controversy. Shane Dawson, a long time Youtuber with over 16 million subscribers wanted to learn what Jeffree is really like, and dive deep into the drama.

What resulted is the 5 part series "The Secret World of Jeffree Star." I watched every episode so that you don't have to. But let's be honest, you're going to want to.

- Shane Dawson was originally afraid of Jeffree and afraid of doing the series.

- Jeffree lives in the same neighborhood as the Kardashians. Justin Bieber (allegedly) used to be his neighbor.

- Jeffree has 3 assistants.

- Jeffree has 5 dogs.

- Jeffree owns three houses but has never shown the inside of them on the internet other than certain places for backdrops for videos or photos.

- Jeffree is a frequent shopper at Gucci and does not look at prices of items when he shops. He wears items once and usually discards them to his "Gucci room."

- Jeffree keeps fish and collects pinball machines as hobbies.

- Jeffree has a major sweet tooth but doesn't seem to gain any weight. Many people believe he has an eating disorder but he believes he doesn't. Shane has been outspoken in the past about his struggles with an eating disorder.

- Jeffree believes in God. He has a pink, upholstered chair in his garden where he goes to speak to him. He joked, "He tells me you're still white trash ... That's how I knew He was real."

- Jeffree's mom had been featured in dental journals for having terrible teeth which he inherited. One of his first major investments was zirconium crystal crowns.

- Jeffree has never drunk beer or wine and has never done hard drugs. He is very well known for smoking medicinal marijuana.

- Jeffree has the most points of the Sephora Beauty Insider program.

- Jeffree and Nate have had threesomes with multiple different people, but don't have them in their house. They've had problems with people taking and sharing nudes on the internet.

- Not only does Jeffree have a successful makeup company and YouTube channel, but he also invests in property and into the marijuana industry. He also owns his own shipment/fulfillment center and a merch company.

- Shane, Jeffree and James Charles referred to themselves as "The Sisterhood of the Travelling Scandal."

- Both Jeffree and James don't want to be defined by their pasts. They both believe that the reason that they have been reaccepted is that they show their authentic selves.

- Jeffree developed an aggressive persona in response to the aggressive homophobia he faced.

- Jeffree is not embarrassed by his music career but wishes that it had gone better. He toured extensively and was the first artist to feature Nicki Minaj but never had mainstream success. Shane once emailed Jeffree asking if he could join his label.

- Jefree escorted for famous men but will not disclose any names for fear of being killed. He does not believe he should out anyone that he has been with.

- Jeffree was signed by Akon after his success with Lady Gaga. He never met mainstream success due to Akon's own personal struggles. The song "Prom Night" was produced by Akon and even featured his signature opening.

- When Jeffree signed with Akon he was at his lowest point financially. It was either mainstream success or he quit music. He named his first palette after his first album because he wanted the name to have more recognition.

- The matching outfits Jeffree and Shane wore cost $7,840. Jeffree lent Shane a custom-made bag that cost $36,000.

- Jeffree owns a custom pink Lamborghini that costs $375,000. He also owns a custom Tesla and a custom Rolls Royce.

- Jeffree employs about 105 people in his warehouses.

- Jeffree's warehouse office features pink walls, pink floors, and a pink desk.

- Jeffree credits his growth to a business partner named Jeff.

- Jeffree estimates his net worth to be in the hundreds of millions.

- Jeffree has a small family. He was raised by his mother after his father died when he was five. He has also lost family members due to entitlement and selling stories to the press. He talks about his chosen family and extending his family through his boyfriend Nathan.

- To Jeffree, the hardest part of his life is not having his father and grandparents to share his life with.

- Jeffree and Shane own the same couch.

- Jeffree offered to pay Garrett Watts' rent for a few months in exchange for sex.

- As a result of the collaboration, Shane and Jeffree may release a palette together. Jeffree estimates a launch of a palette could make "millions."

- Jeffree lived in a lofted, two bedroom apartment for 8 years.

- Jeffree discusses the racist videos he filmed 13 years ago, where he suggests he should throw battery acid on a woman to lighten her skin tone. In another video, he yells the n-word at a white woman after she called him a gay slur.

What I said was racist but I wasn't saying it to a person of color. I was saying a horrible, offensive word to cut back at someone calling me something awful. It's not about race, it's about being an offensive, attention-seeking, angry person.

- Jeffree released an apology video where "a large number of people" believed he was using depression as an excuse. This depression caused him to lash out at anyone regardless of race that targeted him.

- Jeffree uses the finale video to give his side to these controversial videos but does not excuse them, asking that people learn from his mistakes.

- Jeffree focuses on two feuds he has had with women of color and argues that he has feuded with "everyone," and people make these feuds about race, not him.

- Shane interprets Jeffree's petty tweets and Snapchats as processing pain from being hurt by close friends. Jeffree has struggled with keeping quiet on social media about drama to prevent the spread of misinformation.

- Jeffree struggled with self-harm and has scars all over his body. After turning 18 he began to cover his skin in tattoos to cover the scars.

- Jeffree's mom discovered his scars when he was a senior in high school which he says strained their relationship.

- When doing makeup swatches Jeffree would wear bracelets to cover any visible scars in fear that people would use them against him.

- In the past, people told Jeffree that the reason he was gay was that his father didn't love him. Jeffree's dad died by suicide when he as five years old.

And that's what you missed on 'The Secret World of Jeffree Star."