10 Things I Wish I Brought To College

10 Things I Wish I Brought To College

All the things you wish you brought to college!

177

Everyone loves moving in to a luxuries high rise dorm. Decorating and planning out your dorm is the first exciting thing you'll do in college. After my first three months of living in a dorm, I hauled 3 boxes of things back home that I just didn't need. In the meantime, there are so many things I completely forget to bring to college that I need on the daily. Here are 10 things I wish I brought to college!

1. More socks 

media.giphy.com

I swore I brought enough socks when I moved in, but now I am down to two pairs. I can never find socks when I need them. With each load of laundry I do, more and more socks seem to disappear from the earth. Make sure you bring plenty of socks.

2. Hangers

media.giphy.com

You can never have too many hangers. I have bought at least two more packs this month. Space is limited in your dorm so make sure you use up as much closet space as you can.

3. Medicine 

media.giphy.com

I actually came to college with no medication. Not even a single Advil. The first few weeks of school, everyone is getting sick. You will thank yourself later if you load up now on cough drops, pain reliever, and any other medicines you might need.

4.) My dog

media.giphy.com

I miss my dogs. Ok, I know I can't take them with me to college, but that doesn't mean I don't wish I could!

5. My sister 

media.giphy.com

The first months of school can be exciting and lonely. I always wish my sister was here to rant to about my day. You will wish everyday that you could bring her with you.

6. Yoga pants

media.giphy.com

We all think that we are gonna leave the yoga pants in high school and look like goddesses at our colleges. This is false and you will soon realize that even changing out of pajama pants for class is a miracle. Dress cute in August, but come fall you will thank me for telling you to bring your comfy pants!

7. Dry shampoo 

media.giphy.com

Showering is important, but sometimes time slips through our hands. Make sure you are prepared for those in between days by stocking up on dry shampoo!

8. Self control 

media.giphy.com

This can apply to many situations. Spending, homework, and parting. This is the first time in your life that you can make your own rules, so please bring a little bit of self control with you. Your bank account and GPA will thank you later.

9. Money 

media.giphy.com

Save your money before college. If you spend all of the money you earned in high school or got for graduation in the first month of school, you should look back to item number 9. Money is important and is a scarce resource in college. Spend and save it wisely

10. Phone chargers 

media.giphy.com

Like my socks, my phone chargers disappear every day. Make sure you bring a few and keep up with them!