What To Expect When You're Expecting (Gains)

The things you will see at the gym.

19

It is that time of year again: the holidays. With the holiday season comes spending time with family and friends. With spending time with family and friends comes eating amazing food. With eating amazing food comes that awful weight gain. To avoid that holiday weight gain this year, why not hit up the gym? Before letting you wander in the great unknown, let me inform you of the sorts of things that you'll see when going to the gym:

People that do it for the Insta

I can't even count how many times I see people taking selfies of themselves "working out" and never actually do anything. It's hilarious how many people actually do this and pretend to workout. Luckily, you usually don't have to worry about them hogging your machines because they won't stay long.

The "every day is arm day" people

You will encounter the people who go hard at the gym like it's their job. They are absolutely ripped and you're intimidated by their biceps. However, use them to your advantage. Have them be your motivation to work out. P.S. You also will more than likely see these people carrying a gallon jug of water.

Machine hogs

There will always be those people that will not get off the machine that you want to use. Sometimes they'll even be using two machines at once at scream at you if you even dare look at their other machine. If you thought the gym didn't get intense, you thought wrong.

People riding the good 'ole struggle bus

Working out is hard. if it's easy, then you're doing something wrong. Everyone has to work hard, and you will see those that have a greater challenge than you pushing to their limits. I feel bad to see people struggling really hard, but it warms my heart to see these efforts in changing their lifestyle.

Old people in better shape than you

There will be grandpas with gains at the gym and you will have mad respect for them. They are an inspiration for you to keep working at being in shape because you aspire to be like them when you're older.