The Red Bluff

Foxworth, MS

The Red Bluff is known as "Mississippi's Grand Canyon." If you are looking for an adventure bring your back pack and tennis shoes and get prepared to take a hike.

Ship Island

off the Gulf Coast of MS

upload.wikimedia.org

Ship Island is a quick and easy day trip to Mississippi's Gulf Coast. Sand, water, and a boat that takes you to and from the island are all you need for a short and simple beach trip. Ship Island can also be a history lesson since official artifacts from the Civil War are there.

Tupelo Buffalo Park and Zoo

Tupelo, MS

farm4.staticflickr.com

Tupelo holds the largest zoo in Mississippi. What makes this zoo different than others is the Buffalo roam around the zoo!

Rowan Oak

Oxford, MS

upload.wikimedia.org

Any William Faulkner fans? The Rowan Oak was home to William Faulkner and his family.

Elvis Presley's First Home

Tupelo, MS

upload.wikimedia.org

The birth home of the King himself. Elvis never forgot where his roots were from... Mississippi!

Ground Zero

Clarksdale, MS

farm6.staticflickr.com

Clarksdale, Mississippi- home of the blues! Ground Zero is the perfect place to let in your inner jazz. Who knows, you may even see Morgan Freeman, the man who founded Ground Zero. In 2005 it was named one of the top 100 bars in America. Don't forget to check out the Delta Blues Museum and the Cross Roads while you are there.

The Beau Rivage

Biloxi, MS

upload.wikimedia.org

The Beau Rivage is a resort and casino located in Biloxi, Mississippi. It is a fun time for families and for adults who are ready to hit the bars and casinos.

Vicksburg National Military Park

Vicksburg, MS

upload.wikimedia.org

The Mississippi River was an important battleground during the Civil War. Some of the remains are located in Vicksburg, Mississippi. If you are into history, Vicksburg has many important war sites and monuments to see.

The Shed

Ocean Springs, MS

live.staticflickr.com

The Shed barbecue is a fantastic place to eat in Mississippi. So good, they sell their very own barbecue sauce in stores. Food Network even said, "Their wildly popular barbecue joint's earned them fame, fortune, devoted fans and a lot of big toys. But no matter how big their business grows, the boisterous, fun-loving clan insists on running the business as a family."

Eudora Welty House and Garden

Jackson, MS

live.staticflickr.com

A famous writer, Eudora Welty, lived in a cottage in Jackson, Mississippi for 76 years. The Eudora Welty house is open for tours during the day.

There is so much history, adventure, fun times, and good food in Mississippi. Go explore!