19 Things To Do Around Waco This Month

19 Things To Do Around Waco This Month

A guide to a great weekend.

132
19 Things To Do Around Waco This Month
asergeev.com

For those staying in Waco for Fall Break, there are plenty of things to do.

Keep in mind that there are endless possibilities—even making the next big PB&J in your room— so the following list is limited. It's here to spark some ideas in your head for a hopefully awesome weekend. The list starts with the closest attractions first and ends with the farthest.

Waco Area

1. Mayborn Museum, Waco TX

2. Pumpkin Picking/Carving/Painting/Looking/Growing/Throwing/Decorating/Singing

Look for a local church or farm that's selling them!

*I don't know what pumpkin singing is either. Just puttin' those vibes out there.

**Also, don't hate me. I definitely just put a picture of my own pumpkin (and me) in this article. But, let's be real. It's probably the best pumpkin I'll ever paint and I love tigers. So please don't hate me for trying to share it with the world. (The 2nd place spot just happens to be empty. It's not mine.)

3. Waco Suspension Bridge/Bridges Sightseeing/ Cute Picture Taking

4. Waco Food Trucks, Across the street from Bangkok Royal

Who doesn't want to spend a weekend indulging in yummy food?

4a. Tandoori

This Indian food truck JUST opened! I hear great things about it.

Mon-Sat: 5:30 pm-8:30 pm

202 S University Parks Dr, Waco, Texas 76706

5. Waco Mammoth Site

6. H5 Tactical

Public Fire Arm Training Simulator

3707 Franklin Avenue, Waco, TX 76710

"There are two simulators with over 700 realistic shoot no shoot scenarios and virtual gun range program. The simulators use real weapons that have been modified to use compressed air to simulate live fire. From zero gun experience to swat level training, our instructors are here to improve your skills and confidence. Come Learn, Train, Practice, and Play!!"

I am all for gun SAFETY. Even if you don't believe in gun use, guns are still out there, so if you ever encounter one you should know not to touch it or what to do if you have to.

7. Waco Downtown Farmer's Market

Saturday 9:00am-1:00pm

400 South University Parks Drive, Waco, TX

Beautiful produce. Possibly a pumpkin supplier.

8. BSR Cable Park

5347 Old Mexia Rd, Waco, TX 76705

For fun in the sun.

A Little Farther from Waco (30-45 minutes)

9. Valley Mills Historical Museum, Valley Mills TX

For those who have a knack for random history knowledge.

10. Bosque Museum, Clifton TX

Admission Fee: Adult $5

Again, for those who have a knack for random history knowledge.

Even Farther from Waco (1hr)

11. Lake Whitney, Whitney TX

A popular place to go cliff-jumping.

Fort Worth/ Dallas Area (1hr 30 min-2 hrs)

12. Fort Worth Botanic Garden

Google pictures of it and I think you'll want to go.

3220 Botanic Garden Blvd, Fort Worth, TX76107

13. Fort Worth Japanese Gardens

14. Fort Worth Water Garden

15. Sundance Square (Nighttime)

16. McKinley's Fine Bakery and Cafe

I saw a lot of stars on this and food, so naturally, I added it to the list.

17. Hopdoddy Burger Bar (also in Austin)

Good burgers and delicious fries with truffle oil sauce.

Austin Area (1 hr 40 minutes)

18. Zilker Botanical Garden

For those who like to walk in grass and gift shops with mood rings.

19. Sushi Junai

I have never been here, but it sounds AMAZING. ALL YOU CAN EAT SUSHI. A recommendation from a trusted source— my sister.

Have a great Fall Break!