What Time Period Are We Living In?

What Time Period Are We Living In?

Everyone has traded their morals for their own pleasures, ideologies, and principles. It seems as though. this era has traded common sense, and will only select thoughts that benefit them, and not the world.

1034
What Time Period Are We Living In?

It has remained a mystery to all of us what specific times we are living. The barriers of culture have been broken; day after day, we see greater diversities in every city, country, and nation. With more diversity, comes different ideas, In the sixties, it was almost immoral to commit abortion, or to have sex before marriage. Nowadays, those traditions have been broken. It was abnormal for various types of relationships and sexual orientations; in modern times, it has become acceptable to the world. Even the music that we listen to has changed; it is no longer about lyrics or meaning, but rather about what is pleasing to the ears and about having a good time. The murder rates rise within all the years. As time goes by, the media continues to inject a venom and a poison to the people and they continuously are sucked into it. A spiritual person will always be one step ahead of the plans of the enemy.

Moreover, the devil will not come and say, "I am the devil; follow me." He will masquerade himself in what is most pleasing to us. This is what the media wants to do; they want to give us what we want so that they can benefit and profit from us. Unfortunately, there are so many truths in the Bible that reveal the real times in which we are living in. The disciples asked Jesus, when will the end of the world come? Here are some truths:

1. There will be a lot of deception. Matthew 24:5.

This verse states that many will come to claim that they are the Messiah and will deceive many people. This can be translated in many different forms. When Obama was elected as president, many people respected and honored him, and looked at him as the person that would bring change to America. Unfortunately, people have based their hope in a man and not on God. We listen to politicians with nice messages and don't realize that they are concealing secrets, truths, and the reality of things.

2. We will hear rumors of wars. Matthew 24:6

"When is world war three coming?" I'm sure this thought has come across our minds many times. As a matter of fact, the wars continue to increase. We have seen a rise of ISIS, and many other terrorist groups. The murder rates are the highest they've ever been, and they continue to break records in history.

3. Many people will turn away from God. Matthew 24:7

Sadly, America has been a nation that has turned away from God. In the 1960s, America was a nation that would pray in schools and that was not afraid of demonstrating and showing their faith in Jesus. As new cultures diversified the United States, politicians began to change policies to benefit the people so that they can continue to get elected. Nowadays, it is difficult for a person to stand up for what they believe in; the majority of them are bought by everybody else. If you stand up for what you believe in and acknowledge God, most of the time they will be rejected because of the time period that we are living in.

4. There will be an increase of wickedness and love will grow cold. Matthew 24:12

I think one of the most inhumane stories I heard was the one about the man in Miami that randomly bit off the head of a homeless man, sending him to the hospital. Another story we heard recently in Orlando, where there was a shootout and many lesbians and gays were killed. Or the shooting at the church at Charleston. Without a doubt, the wickedness has become worst than how it used to be.

Are there many more ways to identify what times we are living in? I'm sure that they are! You are more than welcome to add to this and comment your ideas. When it comes to Jesus, everyone has their own opinion, morals, and values. However, when Jesus comes in, there is no opinion; there only thing that he brings is the truth. He said, "I am the way, the truth, and the life." He said it for a purpose. If America decides to follow God, and pray for this nation, we will see more radical changes.