What The Hell Is Going On?

What The Hell Is Going On?

We can't continue this way.

8
What The Hell Is Going On?
Charlene S Hughes

I'm beginning to lose the faith.

We all want what they want.

There's no consideration.

No concern.

No compassion.

I find myself reaching for a higher power that may or may not even be there.

We don't want to accept the truth.

We want to see what we'd like to.

Selective hearing is a powerful thing.

But no one ever mentions selective seeing.

My sense of reality is fusing with chaos.

Tears continuously fall.

Surrounded by hate.

Hostile hissing from the tongue.

God, I know I'm not perfect.

But what the hell is going on?

I always knew that innocence would be lost.

But not like this.

No, not like this.

Dating Apps

We Met At A Bar

Salvage what you can; if you can't, it's alright to walk away.

911
We Met At A Bar
Anne Waldon

We met at a bar.

The Mets And Me

They may be the worst sometimes, but this baseball team has given me more than I could ask for.

1405
Rich Schultz/Getty Images

On September 3rd, 2001, a sea of children littered my home's navy-carpeted den to watch baseball during my dad's 40th birthday extravaganza. A baseball game flickered on the TV, and a red and blue bubble of a scoreboard sat in the bottom right corner of the screen. The New York Mets and the Philadelphia Phillies were in a wild game at Veterans' Stadium. As I, a five-year-old boy with a jumble of curly blonde hair, sat in the back of the kid clump, I wondered which team I should root for. After a long debate with myself, I decided that I should root for the team that's winning (duh). But, as the ninth inning rolled around with the Phils maintaining a 7-5 lead, some magic occurred. The Mets put up five runs in one frame, stunning the Phillie fans in the room and winning the game 10-7.