How I Finally Chose My Major

How I Finally Chose My Major

Trying to decide what you want to do for the rest of your life at 20 is stressful to say the least.

15
How I Finally Chose My Major
every pixel.com

Going into college I thought I knew exactly what I wanted to do once I got there. I wanted to major in Kinesiology and thought I wanted to be a physical therapist. After one semester I decided that was definitely something I did not want to do and questioned even being in the medical field.

The next couple semesters I was taking a bunch of different classes to see if I could figure out what I would want to major in. The only thing I discovered was that accounting was not my strong suit and I would never pursue a job that has anything to do with it.

It took me almost a full two years of being undecided and taking random classes to finally find something I enjoyed doing. After taking some classes I decided I wanted to do something with business or do something where I could be creative. I decided advertising and marketing would be perfect for me and I would be able to do a lot of things with it in my future. Before going into my junior year I was still a little skeptical of majoring in advertising, but the classes I am enrolled in this semester have been so fun and way better than I could have ever imagined. I love the classes I'm taking and it has proved to me that I did pick the best major for myself.

It's stressful not knowing what you want to do with your future especially if everyone around you has their whole life planned out and know exactly what they want to do. It is also really nice to know there are people around you who don't know what they want to do and people will change their minds multiple times and some even change their senior year, and that is ok. As long as you love what you are doing, it won't feel like a chore. I couldn't be happier with my major and I cannot wait to see where it takes me.