9 Things Your Friends Who Work In Retail Desperately Need You To Stop Doing

Shop respectively everyone

263
https://az616578.vo.msecnd.net/files/2017/12/07/636482050938117917-736578686_fa0cc903aabf705b69b61220cf5d1ce4.jpg

Shopping can be a stressful adventure; and as stressful as it may be for the shopper, for the retail worker there are a few things that make their job a little bit harder, especially during the holiday season. Avoid doing these things and the employees just might not talk bad about you on the walkie talkies.

1. Don't ask the cashier a question while they are ringing up another customer.

It is very likely that the cashier may not be able to help you right away because they are finishing up a transaction. Let them finish working with the customer and then ask them your question, or if you can, find another employee to help you.

2. Don't ask them, "is this shirt $6?"

Odds are, the sales associate won't know the price of the item off the top of their head. A better way to ask would be, "can you check the price of this for me, please?"

3. Don't hand them change after they have taken your cash and opened the register.

Yes, of course they can do the math when you hand them the change, but most systems have the sales associate type in the amount of cash you gave them so it calculates the change for them. It you plan on getting change, just let them know when you hand them the cash originally, so they wait for you before inputting it into the register.

4. Don't ignore them when they welcome you into the store.

The workers are just trying to be friendly so if they ask how you are, just politely respond, listen to the promotions they might tell you and go about your shopping experience.

5. Don't decide you want to grab one more item and leave the cashier with your clothes and an open transaction.

Of course, the workers want you to buy as much product as your heart desires, but if there is a line of customers and you leave them with an open transaction, it makes life a little difficult and the line a little more restless while they wait to check out.

6. Don't rummage through piles of clothes and deny that you are looking for a specific size or style.

If you are tearing up the table that bad, there is obviously something you are looking for. Let the sales associates help you. It is their job to do so, they won't mind giving you a hand.

7. Don't let your kids or siblings put merchandise in their mouth, or run aimlessly around the store screaming.

Come on. Please. Control them.

8. Don't leave a mess behind every time you move to a new section.

Yes, it is the sales associates jobs to tidy up the store, but there is no need for you to leave tables looking like a tornado blew through the store.

9. Don't expect the sales associate to become your personal assistant throughout your entire shopping experience.

They can out items on hold for you, get items from the back, start a fitting room, but don't expect them to stick with you the whole time. There are other customers in the store that they may need to be helped as well, so allow them to do so.